• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Superugby Fantasy League

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
So I`m looking at creating a super rugby fantasy game. This needs to start sooner than later cause the first matches are on the 23rd of Feb.

Ok first question what interest is there?

I have for close on 10 years played through UDT Games - Games I like the basic style of how this plays out and thus I have included the rules below. However difference will be that there is a draft for us on cricket web, I do not like it when teams look all the same. (Participants will still have budgets) This will change for the later round of the competition of quarters/semis/finals. I will decide those rules a little later, but well before the time. I have also now seen Howe`s draft sheet and will (with his permission) include some of those stats (like the running stats and penalties etc). We will pick squads of 23 players and every 3 rounds I will open up the pool again for replacements where participants can drop players in their squads and pick new players; re-draft order will be lowest to highest for people doing this. Budgets will still be in effect. Every round a team must be posted showing Kicker, Captain and Vice Captain and who is benched. If not shown then the previous rounds team will be used.

Their is 16 teams in superugby, so I think approx 10 participants (may be able to stretch to 12) will work well. Please be aware that this is quite a big time commitment (superugby is a long long tournament).

Please ask question and make suggestions? If I can not get at least 8 participants within 48h from now I will not continue.

Attachments

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Nothing, nobody nada?... Not even a superrugby sucks comment. Or I have better things to do with my life than play fantasy rugby for half a year!

Well I tried. :(

ripper868

International Coach
Sorry I have better things to do than play Super Rugby fantasy for half the year ;)

Honestly I've lost a bit of interest in Super Rugby with the new format (and I guess, living on the other side of the world) - the new conference system, whilst greta in involving Japan and Argentina, is just too messy for average Joe Punter, and even Joe rugby follower, to follow. I year for the simple days, One round vs all teams. Reverse the home/away the next season.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks to Brumby for having a go.... but think this was dead before it even got started. Well at least I tried.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Problem with Rugby is there's not a huge interest for it on here (to the extent of entering a fantasy league) - even the WC predictions I've run have only had 8-10 people really so getting that many for what is a 6 month thing is really unlikely.