• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will be Real Madrids next big signing?

Craig

World Traveller
First of all they have no chance of getting Francesco Totti (Roma), Thierry Henry and Ruud van Nistelrooy.

I personally think Michael Owen might be there, due to David Beckham being there.

Apprantly Joaquin is leaving Betis and is joining them. Figo is apprantly leaving and another player is going to Inter or Bolton on a freebie.

Then again we might see Ian Walker signs as cover for Iker Cassiles (sp) :lol: :lol: :P :P :lol:

Swanny

School Boy/Girl Captain
Figo to Bolton!!!Are you sure?am assuming that was a joke.

No chance Henry or Ruud but maybe Totti, Roma are in so much debt that if Madrid offer a fortune I think they'll find it hard to say no.Owen wouldn;t surprise me either given his recent form at Liverpool, he just doesn't look interested.

Craig

World Traveller
Figo wouldnt go within 100 miles of Bolton (unless playing for a top English club).

Another player whose name I cant recall is leaving for free.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I dont think real can just have any player hey like now, chelsea is a much more attractive option for players at the moment. Im sure Madrid could still get top line players like Totti or Veiri, but if these players become for sale Chelsea wont hesitate to put in a bid and probably outbid Real.

However i do like the idea of another Englishman going their, Owen i doubt would fit into their line up, i think Madrid should go after Sol Campbell, afterall it is their defence that needs strengthening.

Craig

World Traveller
I have heard something about Real Madrid being interested in Rio Ferdinand. Dont know if this is true.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i dont think united will sell him, they paid 30 million pounds and have gotten nothing from im so far. im sure they will try and get a few good seasons out of im before they sell up.

Craig

World Traveller
I dont know about getting nothing from Ferdinand.

You can see they do miss him and is one of England's best defenders.

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
Craig said:
one of England's best defenders.
So what. Becks was one of if not the best midfeilder in the world and they sold him, but apparently he has not renewed the lease on his spanish house and not kept his interpreter on. Rumor is he wants to move back to the U.K. to be with his kids cos Victoria won't bring them over. Chelseas name was mentioned as a possible club, what big names they got? (i'm an aussie i know nothing)

Craig

World Traveller
Warne is god said:
So what. Becks was one of if not the best midfeilder in the world and they sold him, but apparently he has not renewed the lease on his spanish house and not kept his interpreter on. Rumor is he wants to move back to the U.K. to be with his kids cos Victoria won't bring them over. Chelseas name was mentioned as a possible club, what big names they got? (i'm an aussie i know nothing)
Hernan Crespo (once comanded a record transfer fee), Adrian Mutu, Claude Makelele, Juan Seba Veron.

Chelsea have enough midfielders, they need no more.

Swanny

School Boy/Girl Captain
I doubt Sol Campbell or anyway lese for that matter would leave Arsenal right now. They way their playing they will beat anyone including Real Madrid.

As for Chelsea its all very well having all these players but they still don't look anywhere near winning the title. Veron i've heard is knackered with his back(and the fact that the game is too fast for him here and passes him by doesn't help either), and they still don't have a goalscorer good enough to win the league.

Craig

World Traveller
That is why Veron was a suberb player in Italy.

Arsenal might be scoring goals, but I have doubts over their defence. That was proven at Highbury where Inter won 3-0. Then Inter's defence went to Bari as it was no where in the return leg.

Craig

World Traveller
I personally wouldnt of signed them, I would have looked at Pavel Nedved instead. IMO he should of been the World Footballer of the Year.

I'm not saying Zinedane isnt a great player because he is, but if you play for France, it is to your advantage. Just like Sylvain Wiltord got short listed for World Footballer of the Year and what has he ever done of late?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
That is why Veron was a suberb player in Italy.
I was actually never that impressed by him, back when we had live Italian Football over here - James Richardson = quality.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:
I personally wouldnt of signed them, I would have looked at Pavel Nedved instead. IMO he should of been the World Footballer of the Year.

Sylvain Wiltord got short listed for World Footballer of the Year and what has he ever done of late?
Incredibly, I actually agree with Craig..