• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official" NRL Tips discussion thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This week I am tipping....

Panthers v Knights.

It's hard to go past the Panthers as last year premiers, and I'm unsure how the Knights will go with Joey returning from injury - and they need him to play well.

Tigers v Sharks

I've gone for the sharks, more on the fact that they can't have as bad a season as 2003 and the Tigers are playing with a new team. Come round 4 or 5 I think the Tigers will be a very tough side to beat, it will be a close one.

Bulldogs v Eels

The Bulldogs will want to win this one to get the media off their back, even for a little while. They have more to play for.

Cowboys v Sea Eagles

The Sea Eagles have nothing if Scott Donald doesn't score 5 tries a game. The Cowboys are improving and will be tough to beat at home this year.

Dragons v Raiders

Another 'toughie' for round 1, the Raiders surprised everyone last year, and I think they will back it up again this year. Plus you never know if the Dragons will turn up to play or not.

Broncos v Warriors

Wow! how many tough games to pick this round. The Broncos will win, their team looks alot more attacking this year, and their defence was not a problem last year, and will probably be improved with Tallis free from injury and concerntrating solely on the Broncos.

Roosters v Rabbits

Easiest tip of the round by a long way. The Roosters will probably thrash the Bunnies by 50. Souths have not showed anything in the trials to suggest they will be outright favourites for the woodern spoon.

There they are...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
This week I am tipping....

Panthers v Knights.
Tigers v Sharks
Bulldogs v Eels
Cowboys v Sea Eagles
Dragons v Raiders
Broncos v Warriors
Roosters v Rabbits
i reakon that the tigers will beat the skarks, the warriors will crush the broncoes and the Sragons might pip the raiders.

the eels v dogs game will be very interesting, very difficalt to tip, depends how the bulldogs play really.... but im sticking with them

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Knighs up 20 - 14

Panthers: T: Campbell, Rooney G: Campbell 3/3

Knights: T: Buderus, Tahu, Quinn, Gidley G: Johns 2/3

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
And i can tell ya Kyle your Tigers tip will be a loser to... The Tigers are pumped for a big one and we WILL win...

Mister Wright

Blewy said:
And i can tell ya Kyle your Tigers tip will be a loser to... The Tigers are pumped for a big one and we WILL win...
Well...I only tip for non-superleague teams when I have to.

I think the Tigers will do better this season. I just think the Sharks have too many good players to have another shocker.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The sharkies IMO are to reliant on Kimmorley...

If he doesn't play well, they don't and further to that, we have seen how well he does without Anderson, I hope he plays like that because the Tiges could be in for a good night....

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:
The sharkies IMO are to reliant on Kimmorley...
Well that's a good thing for me in the VNRL :D

Seriously I can't see teh SHarks getting over the Tigers. I'm disappointed Benji Marshall pulled up injured, I think he's got a calf strain. Was really hoping to see him dominate things around the ruck for the Tigers.... if Kimmorley plays to his best Sharks might just have a sniff!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Cloete said:
Well that's a good thing for me in the VNRL :D

Seriously I can't see teh SHarks getting over the Tigers. I'm disappointed Benji Marshall pulled up injured, I think he's got a calf strain. Was really hoping to see him dominate things around the ruck for the Tigers.... if Kimmorley plays to his best Sharks might just have a sniff!
Marshall has a slight calf strain, Tim Sheens said because of his lack of experience he didn't think it was wise to play him, any other player would've played...

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:
Marshall has a slight calf strain, Tim Sheens said because of his lack of experience he didn't think it was wise to play him, any other player would've played...

oh rightio. bit disappointed still. but i guess when the injuries start coming he should see a few games. still i would have loved to have seen him in teh first game of the season.

Mister Wright

Tigers look good in the first 10 minutes. If Prince's kicking game is as bad as it was for the Broncos last year, they will be in trouble, but he is a very good player otherwise.

nibbs

International Captain
hahahaha. The Broncos will be crap this year. Its hard to see them beating the Warriors. The Broncos fowards aren't as good anymore. Tallis, Webkce are both shadows of their former selves. The others are good but no match for the Warriors pack. In the backs again we have too much class. Lockyer is for sure a better 5/8 than Leuluai, but other than that they are no match for us.

Warriors will win.

As for the Tigers, they will hopefully beat the Sharks (as I picked them the squash club picking comp) but otherwise I honestly can't see them doing much else. 13/14th for sure.

The Bulldogs are farked fo sho. Their team is not as good as last year. Players like Loleisi and Tonga were nothing compared to the likes of Vagana and Talau. They will be a divided camp ATM, every pointing the finger at each other. The Eels have got some top players on board now, and I reckon they'll be too good.

Mister Wright

nibblet said:
hahahaha. The Broncos will be crap this year. Its hard to see them beating the Warriors. The Broncos fowards aren't as good anymore. Tallis, Webkce are both shadows of their former selves. The others are good but no match for the Warriors pack. In the backs again we have too much class. Lockyer is for sure a better 5/8 than Leuluai, but other than that they are no match for us.

Warriors will win.

As for the Tigers, they will hopefully beat the Sharks (as I picked them the squash club picking comp) but otherwise I honestly can't see them doing much else. 13/14th for sure.

The Bulldogs are farked fo sho. Their team is not as good as last year. Players like Loleisi and Tonga were nothing compared to the likes of Vagana and Talau. They will be a divided camp ATM, every pointing the finger at each other. The Eels have got some top players on board now, and I reckon they'll be too good.
Up for an avatar bet Nibs?

If Broncos win, you sport the Broncos logo, and if the Warriors win I will sport the Warriors logo?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL Yeah bulldogs are gone... Shows what you know, so i'll re-iterate... Tigers Top 8... Our defence last night was Awesome and should have had the sharks held scoreless only for a extremely poor video ref decision... we will get stronger each week and i m very confident we will make the 8.....