• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official" NRL Tips discussion thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mister Wright's round 3 tips.

Season tally: 7/14

Roosters v Bulldogs

This will be the game of the season so far. It is hard to know if the Bulldogs will keep playing well in spite of all their off field dramas. I'm only going the Dogs because the Chooks have a few key players injured and the Doggies have a few players back, but it could go either way.

Sharks v Manly

I was originaly going to tip Manly, but on reviwing last week's performance I think the Sharks can win this one, especially being played at Shark Park. I remember when the Sharks were unbeatable at Shark Park.

Eels v Knights

Had the Eels played anyone but a sloppy Broncos last week they probably would have lost, and the Knight have been solid so far in the two rounds. I'm going the Knights.

Cowboys v Raiders

I'd love the Cowboys to win this one, and they are usually tough to beat at home, but I like the look of the Raiders this year and it is hard to see them getting beaten. The Cowboys wouldn't have benefited from the bye after their first round performance, they would have loved nothing more than to play the next week, it is for this reason I think they will be a little rusty.

Tigers v Broncos

Even though I never tip against the Broncos, I really think they can win this one. They will have been stung by the deserved critisism given to them during the week, and I have no doubts they will fire up. The tigers have been unimpressive in beating the Sharks and falling to Souths. If they are not on their game, this could be a blowout.

Storm v Dragons

Storm are tough to beat at home, but I have been impressed with the Dragons, and I'm tipping an upset here.

Warriors v Panthers

Tough game for the Panthers, the Warriros are yet to win a game and will be fired up and the Panthers have only had 15 convincing minutes of the season to date. I'm tipping the Warriors, only because they have more to play for.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
well i agree with most..

But here are my differences...

Roosters to beat the Dogs, i think the dogs performance last week was ordinary to say the least the roosters despite having people out injured still have a quality side and with Finch and Fittler playing out of their skin at the moment i think they will do it...

Tigers to beat the Broncos, Last weeks effort against Souths was bad, we lacked go forward and carried a player into the game who shouldn't have(Ben Galea). He has now had a run and with the return of Todd Payten and a full strength backline i think we can do it.. Parra showed last week maybe moving locky to 5/8 isn't a great idea as he was pressured with his kicks and his service, and the Tigers defence has been the best of any side this season as yet, including sides who have only played 1 game. Our 1st home game of the season, and the Broncos loss of their intimidation factor will get us over the line...

Panthers to beat the Warriors, I think the Warriors have problems. They have shown nothing at all this season and are still yet to win a game(including Trials) he panthers showed glimpses of greatness last week against the raiders and i think they will continue the Warriors horror run...

For the record i am also 7/14 this season...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Broncos will win im sure of that this week....

my full tips are, broncos, bulldogs, sharks, knights, storm, raiders, panthers.

im on 6 so far this season.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blewy said:
Tigers to beat the Broncos, Last weeks effort against Souths was bad, we lacked go forward and carried a player into the game who shouldn't have(Ben Galea). He has now had a run and with the return of Todd Payten and a full strength backline i think we can do it.. Parra showed last week maybe moving locky to 5/8 isn't a great idea as he was pressured with his kicks and his service, and the Tigers defence has been the best of any side this season as yet, including sides who have only played 1 game. Our 1st home game of the season, and the Broncos loss of their intimidation factor will get us over the line...
Up for an avatar bet Blewy?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Only if both you and Simon wear the Tigers Avatar...

I want you both eating your words...

Simon

Blewy said:
Im sure he'll be silly enough, but even if he's not ill do it anyway...
im in, only cause i know i wont be wearing a tigers badge for a week, i think that broncos logo may suit u blewy ;)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh i am positive Simon you and Kyle will be loving the orange, Black and white...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Simon

Blewy said:
By the way check your email...

the glendad one
Yeh i have and replied....

and i dont think i will be needing to look for a tigers badge come sunday arvo

Simon

Blewy said:
I got the reply to my original email, and i replied back....
yeh ok, not bad for you at all

i would SMS you, but i cant get phone coverage here at home :!(

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
lol yeah i know i tried to ring you earlier but you must have been on the net cause the house phone just kept going to call waiting...

Simon

hmm ive hardly been on the net tonight at all, i was earlier this arvo and for about the last 45 minutes....... strange.......

you should be able to get me on my mobile tomorrow night though