• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tennis racquet journey

DriveClub

International Regular
So what are the racquets everyone had used?

I started off with a cheap crappy Wilson one that I don't remember as a beginner, moved to Head T1 S6 as an intermediate and progressed to Babolat Aeropro Drive 2013(Nadal uses it I think).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Back in 2009 I bought a new racquet because it had Nikolay Davydenko's photo on the wrapping.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ha ha talk about coincidences

My wife has become addicted to tennis (note to self: check out coach) and has been playing with my ancient Prince mid-size after I broke her racquet months ago

Yesterday she came home and it had a crack in it so off we go to buy a new one

I literally thought of Jono when I bought myself a Babolat Pure Aero Lite as it has a photo of his man crush attached

Last edited:

DriveClub

International Regular
Just bought myself a Wilson Prostaff rf97!! Heavy af but very satisfying after you get the hang of it!

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Had a beat up old wooden racquet that someone gifted to me as a kid. Then graduated to a graphite Prince racquet (it was the love of my life as a kid :wub:), and then had a Wilson racquet.

Of course, I haven't picked up a racquet in around 15 years now...

tinytmp

Cricket Spectator
Ha ha talk about coincidences

My wife has become addicted to tennis (note to self: check out coach) and has been playing with my ancient Prince mid-size after I broke her racquet months ago

Yesterday she came home and it had a crack in it so off we go to buy a new one

I literally thought of Jono when I bought myself a Babolat Pure Aero Lite as it has a photo of his man crush attached
I've noticed that many players struggle when they get new racket sponsors. (Djokovic and Wozniacki being the two that come to mind as well as Masha) What are the main differences between racket brands? I know it differs from the racket itself, but are certain rackets better for different things?