• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fantasy Premier League Draft

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Inspired by dcye's post in the football thread.

Rules are up for changing if people want to to but I'm thinking basically a draft based on all players on the fantasy premier league site - each player can draft up to a squad of 18 made up of 2 keepers, 6 defenders, 6 midfielders and 4 forwards and pick an 11 each week playing a keeper 3-5 defenders, 3-5 midfielders and at least 1 forward.

To allow for multiple players, there will be up to 3 of each player allowed (so there are 3 Aguero's for example) - this depends on number of sign-ups.

You pick an 11 each week and only they score points, as per the fantasy league points with no captains or anything like that. If a player doesn't play then it's tough.

During the transfer window, every player can choose to release up to 2 players per game week and draft in new people.

Needs to keep moving quickly if we're going to try to get it started by next week (very unlikely so we will just start when everyone has their teams named) so if people want in please say so.

I'll be in.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Agree in principal but if we have too many sign ups then there literally won't be enough players who start every week otherwise.

In btw.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Had a look and it's a bit too involved setting it up for my simple brain.

Will do it based on the website points and get people to submit teams in here.

Got 6 so far, would like more but if not we can stick with lower numbers. Will get draft orders etc. sorted later today.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I just had a look at Fantrax, created and set up a league within 9 minutes. Happy to run the league if people want to play on a site. We can run a live snake draft on a day of your choosing or an offline one if we can't organise a time where everyone will be there, I can change the scoring system around if need be but the default one looks pretty good, seems to value all positions pretty well. Doing it this way allows people to quickly do add/drops when players become injured or are sold, allows people to make trades etc. I've been playing fantasy baseball, basketball and NFL for years and have always wanted to do a PL league like this. It's not as complicated as it seems and allows us to do stuff like having keeper players between seasons etc.

If people aren't keen then so be it, but it'd be fun.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just had a look at Fantrax, created and set up a league within 9 minutes. Happy to run the league if people want to play on a site. We can run a live snake draft on a day of your choosing or an offline one if we can't organise a time where everyone will be there, I can change the scoring system around if need be but the default one looks pretty good, seems to value all positions pretty well. Doing it this way allows people to quickly do add/drops when players become injured or are sold, allows people to make trades etc. I've been playing fantasy baseball, basketball and NFL for years and have always wanted to do a PL league like this. It's not as complicated as it seems and allows us to do stuff like having keeper players between seasons etc.

If people aren't keen then so be it, but it'd be fun.
Yeah make it happen.