• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fantasy Premier League Draft

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
What are the fantasy assists? Shot rebounds and converted penalties/free-kicks won?
"Fantasy (not official Premier League) assists. These assists include ones from blocked shots, free kick goals, handballs won, own goal, passes lost, penalty kick goals, rebounds and shots off the post."

So yeah, basically.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The site says Fantasy (not official Premier League) assists. These assists include ones from blocked shots, free kick goals, handballs won, own goal, passes lost, penalty kick goals, rebounds and shots off the post.

I'm a bit iffy on "passes lost"...is it the defender who put pressure on the ball carrier before he decided to pass the ball to the opposition?
I actually don't know, tried a quick search but haven't come up with anything. Will try to find out.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Couple of quick ones.

How long do we expect it to last?

I may be a few minutes after 8 so I assume it's worth me ranking say 20-30 players so as not to hold things up?

The maximum players per position of 1 keeper, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 forwards, is that in the starting 11? Are there squad restrictions?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The time limit for picks is 90 seconds, so I guess you have at most 9 minutes until you pick, but probably much less. Depends how late you'll be. Might be worth doing just in case.

I dunno, probably the best part of an hour. It depends on how long people take to pick.

Those limits are for starting lineup. The squad limit is 15 players, plus 2 injury slots.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The time limit for picks is 90 seconds, so I guess you have at most 9 minutes until you pick, but probably much less. Depends how late you'll be. Might be worth doing just in case.

I dunno, probably the best part of an hour. It depends on how long people take to pick.

Those limits are for starting lineup. The squad limit is 15 players, plus 2 injury slots.
OK cool, will stick a load in order then. Assume I can cancel the list when I'm ready to pick myself?

ripper868

International Coach
The draft starts a little under 7 hours from the time of this post, right?

Just checking.
Correct. 6 hours and 34 minutes at time of this post.

EDIT: @Marc - think the ranking list only comes into it when /if you're offline, otherwise its a manual pick.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
A few tips guys:

- When you change your roster setup, make sure you click the orange save changes button in the top right corner.
- You have until 5 minutes before a player plays to move them about, after that they'll be locked, whether they're on your bench on in your lineup.
- You can change lineups daily, they don't lock for the game week. So if you've got someone in your team playing on Sunday you have until Sunday to decide if you want them in the team before they lock, 5 mins before their game.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
die in a fire Upper****
I can program robots to piss you off when I'm not there, what a time to be alive.

Pretty happy with how my team worked out, I thought I would end up with a lot more duds. Appear to have no strikers though.

Cheers for running this dcye, looks like a lot of fun. Do we need to sub out injured players or will it do that automatically like in the PL one?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Nah you gotta set your lineups manually. If you start an injured player you get 0.

We do have 2 Injury slots though, where you can move an injured guy to and pick up someone out of the free agent pool to replace without having to drop that player. You will have to drop someone to re-activate the injured guy once they are back though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I can program robots to piss you off when I'm not there, what a time to be alive.

Pretty happy with how my team worked out, I thought I would end up with a lot more duds. Appear to have no strikers though.

Cheers for running this dcye, looks like a lot of fun. Do we need to sub out injured players or will it do that automatically like in the PL one?
Haha it was picking Özil round 1. Though I doubt he'd have dropped down to me.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
What's the craic on getting rid of dud players we've realised we don't want? Is it just tough ****?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
What's the craic on getting rid of dud players we've realised we don't want? Is it just tough ****?
Jesus man do you want me to cut your steak for you as well?

Anyways, go to the section titled 'players' and it'll show up every un-owned player in the league. If you want to drop one of your players for one of the un-owned guys you click the little plus symbol next to that player, then it takes you to a menu where you select who you want to drop from your team. Simple.

Another note for those not familiar with how a waiver wire works. Players in the un-owned pool will have a column next to their name titled Sta, which refers to their status. If it says 'FA' they're obviously Free Agents, and you can pick them up instantly. When someone has 'WW' in the Sta column, it means they're 'on waivers'. If you hover over the 'WW' it will tell you when they clear waivers and become Free Agents. The idea of the 'WW' system is that if someone drops a player (or a new player comes into the system from outside the league) every manager can try to get them. When someones status is WW, you can still put in a claim and nominate who you want to drop for them, but the claim will remain there and he will remain un-owned until the waiver period ends and then the manager with the highest priority will get the player. The priority is based upon the standings initially, so the worst teams get the highest claims, but I believe it rolls, so if the worst team makes a WW claim then they drop to the back of the queue etc.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cheers dcye. For the record I was checking if we were OK to do it whenever we wanted or had to cope with the players we've picked. Turns out drafting Gabriel a few hours after he was ruled out for 8 weeks isn't a wise option.