• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fantasy Premier League Draft

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Go for it mate, you inspired it in the first place - I'm in obviously. Preference would be against a live draft as we're all over the world.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Go for it mate, you inspired it in the first place - I'm in obviously. Preference would be against a live draft as we're all over the world.
Pretty sure I'm the only one not on GMT or GMT+1, maybe Srizza isn't. In any case will leave it open for the 24 hour period you had planned and then assess where we're at then. Would prefer a head-to-head format, which would require an even amount of teams, but I'm flexible on the format if people want to just go with total points.

Last edited:

Agent TBY

International Captain
My schedule is all sorts of ****ed anyway, so I can be on whenever.

I can understand that offline is a safer bet, but a live draft sounds fun, so if it's possible I'm all for it.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah I'm fine for pretty much any time as long as I'm not at work. Woke up at 4am the other day to do my rookie draft in a NFL Dynasty league.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'd probably be able to commit to any evening after 6 next week for a live draft, except Tuesday.

ripper868

International Coach
Wednesday evening after 6pm (GMT) if we do it live is best for me - mrs ripper off doing mrs ripper things, and me at home with an injured hamstring. Every other night I'm usually busy...:naughty:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Evenings next week better for me but would prefer a bit later. Not sure I can convince the wife that I should skip the bath time and bed time routine to do it! 8pm ok with people?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Okay, so the 10 we have so far are:

dcye
marc
Cabinet
Furball
ripper
TBY
Uppercut
Morkeh
Pothas
GIMH

10 seems a good number.

Okay so to join the league all you need to do is go to Fantrax and join up, then you go to the 'GAMES' menu, click on the EPL icon, then when it comes up click on the 'JOIN LEAGUE' option. From there, just enter these details:

League ID: 1yg3xe23irfzrh4d
Password: cricketweb

Should then prompt you to create your team etc.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
In regards to the draft, Wednesday at about 8pm UK time seems to be the way to go so far. Confirmed available at that time so far are:

ripper
dcye
marc
Cab
Furball
TBY
Morkeh
Corrin
Uppercut (absent but will rank for his autodraft)

Just need comment from the others about this by tomorrow-ish, otherwise we'll have to start offline drafting in here by the end of the weekend I reckon as to not miss the first set of games.

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
So question - do we go and do the "claim" thing now or is that just when it all kicks off - kinda new to this.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
So question - do we go and do the "claim" thing now or is that just when it all kicks off - kinda new to this.
Nah don't touch the players until we draft. The 'Claim' option for players on waivers was only available due to there being no draft time set, I just disabled the ability to pick up players then.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In regards to the draft, Wednesday at about 8pm UK time seems to be the way to go so far. Confirmed available at that time so far are:

ripper
dcye
marc
Cab
Furball
TBY
Morkeh

Just need comment from the others about this by tomorrow-ish, otherwise we'll have to start offline drafting in here by the end of the weekend I reckon as to not miss the first set of games.
Will have to sit this one out unfortunately, have a 6 a side game at that time.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Hmm, well there's a few options. You can set your own rankings of players that the auto-drafting will stick to as closely as possible if you want to spend time doing that. We'll be starting 11 players with a 4 person bench, so that's 15 rounds, so 150 players ranked if you really want to be detailed but you'd probably only need to rank your top 80-100, as the back end of drafts are generally a crap-shoot and you need to get lucky. It's not hard to do the ranks, just create your team and go to the league home page, there'll be a menu called 'RANK PLAYERS' and it'll give you a list of the players available and their ranks based on their stats from last year. Shouldn't take you long.

If you're against the idea of that we can look into moving it to Thursday night (as that seems to be the only other day everyone can do) or we'll have to draft here in the thread, which I guess I'd like to start by Sunday evening.