• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympics - does anyone actually care anymore?

Flem274*

123/5
The drugs and corruption is pretty souring. It used to be the most annoying thing about the Olympics was the focus by nerds and angry 40 year olds who can't get their dicks up on whinging about synchronized swimming and diving. It was really loud and really boring.

Now it's being drowned out by drugs, the smell of the bay they're swimming in and random bullets flying around.

If the stuff around the Olympics could all piss off they would be awesome. I don't care what sports they include. Watching something you've never seen before is half the fun. I might even check out the synchronized swimming to see what's getting everyone so worked up in between trolling people pretending they could do dressage. I've never seen this synchronized business but it sounds like the perfect contrarian sport because everyone will hate you so I'm already a massive fan.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The drugs and corruption is pretty souring. It used to be the most annoying thing about the Olympics was the focus by nerds and angry 40 year olds who can't get their dicks up on whinging about synchronized swimming and diving. It was really loud and really boring.

Now it's being drowned out by drugs, the smell of the bay they're swimming in and random bullets flying around.

If the stuff around the Olympics could all piss off they would be awesome. I don't care what sports they include. Watching something you've never seen before is half the fun. I might even check out the synchronized swimming to see what's getting everyone so worked up in between trolling people pretending they could do dressage. I've never seen this synchronized business but it sounds like the perfect contrarian sport because everyone will hate you so I'm already a massive fan.
triggered

flibbertyjibber

So after a day watching Fencing I have a few hours to wait till our guy is in the semi final.

Peaty will get gold later at least to get us on the board. Though most eyes in Britain will be on what Helen Skelton is wearing tonight while introducing the swimming.

Flem274*

123/5
yeah they should definitely get them tested, especially if the rider seems particularly close to the horse :ph34r:
it's not called "mounting up" for nothing
I remember a Norwegian bloke lost a medal in show jumping for treating a horse with capsaicin. Must have been feeding it chili.
there are a few evil ****s who rub that stuff on horse knees then intentionally crash them into a pole as a cruel, cheap and despicable shortcut to improving front knee technique.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
The Olympics peaked in 2008 when we saw the great man win a gold medal. The man who is lighting quick, and brings audiences to the stadiums. Probably the greatest of all time in his chosen field.

Who is this guy? What did he win his gold in?

jonbrooks

International Debutant
The Olympics is a bit of a joke now. After all the issues with the zika virus, crime and poverty in Rio and the politicization of the sports, it is hard to take it seriously.

The whole doping business is just bizarre. When an American wins, and breaks a record, nobody questions the Americans despite the US having a MASSIVE history of doping (google USOC doping cover up). However if a Chinese athlete were to win then they are immediately questioned.

To make the Olympics better they need to streamline it and have fewer sports. This business of adding crazy random sports is silly and just a money making scheme. They've added surfing and skateboarding of which the latter doesn't even have a world championship. Swimming also a nutso sport. Why do they have so many bizarre strokes?! I mean who the **** swims the butterfly anyway?! Michael Phelps has won millions of medals swimming the butterfly!

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Oh yeah, that's the other thing I can't stand about the Olympics: the medal table. If you wanna rank countries within the individual broader athletic disciplines like swimming, athletics, etc then that's OK, at least you're comparing like with like. But taking a gold medal in the 100m sprints and treating it as worth the exact same as a gold medal in the synchronised swimming or some such **** is just so stopid.
I completely agree. The value of medals is not the same. Winning a synch swimming gold, or any swimming gold for that matter does not compare to wining the 100m sprint, that's for sure.

flibbertyjibber

Was dubious a few days ago as to whether I would be into this Games or not, a couple of days in I clearly am. Staying up till 4 am just to watch swimming shows that. Peaty and Ledecky were brilliant and how great was Phelps in the relay?

No idea if GB has any other realistic medal chances in the pool but as always I am hooked. The hockey has been good too with our women beating the Crime. As for the tennis, wow. Can't wait for the track cycling to start now.

The Olympics always has some great stories, the Kosovan winning gold in judo is an early brilliant one.

Last edited:

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Was dubious a few days ago as to whether I would be into this Games or not, a couple of days in I clearly am. Staying up till 4 am just to watch swimming shows that. Peaty and Ledecky were brilliant and how great was Phelps in the relay?
Swimming is boring. Freestyle swimming is ok but the rest are zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I mean who in the world swims backwards or swims the butterfly?! No wonder Phelps has so many frikkin' medals cos he has no bloody competition! LOL!

flibbertyjibber

Swimming is boring. Freestyle swimming is ok but the rest are zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I mean who in the world swims backwards or swims the butterfly?! No wonder Phelps has so many frikkin' medals cos he has no bloody competition! LOL!
Swimming is not boring, may not be your thing though. Handball and weightlifting are boring in my view but each to their own.