Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By stphndbsn

Thread: Usain Bolt Interview

  1. #1
    State Vice-Captain stphndbsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Africa / UK
    Posts
    1,492

    Usain Bolt Interview

    Usain Bolt on doping and marriage: 'Girls are throwing themselves at you... it's hard to say no'

    Enjoy this mans attitude to life. Would love for him to get the gold in Rio again.
    jonbrooks and vogue like this.
    "Physics is like ***: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Feynman

    "The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears it is true." J. Robert Oppenheimer

  2. #2
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bonn, BRD
    Posts
    24,363
    He does sell a good yarn.

    I just can't believe 9.58 though.
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of ESAS, JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

    when you're winning, you have friends
    scores and dozens, real friends
    when you're winning, never lonely
    when you keep winning

  3. #3
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    14,246
    Great runner but given his country's attitude towards drugs, the chances of him being clean are somewhere between nil and zero

  4. #4
    vcs
    vcs is online now
    International Coach vcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    11,789
    His run in the World Championships (in 2010, I think?) was breath-taking.

    Kind of weird that Christianity seems to have quite a strong hold in Jamaican society, but they don't seem to particularly care about fidelity in relationships.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.


  5. #5
    State Vice-Captain stphndbsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Africa / UK
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Great runner but given his country's attitude towards drugs, the chances of him being clean are somewhere between nil and zero
    He is the most tested athlete in athletics history... did not think he has ever missed a test and always been open for more when asked.

    Unfortunately, this is one of the problems with people/associations/countries doing drugs and getting a stigma it almost becomes assumed that anybody associated with that person is also doing it, regardless of other facts. Everything I read about him is that he is just a freak... he does not even have a classic 100 m runners build.

  6. #6
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bonn, BRD
    Posts
    24,363
    Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    His run in the World Championships (in 2010, I think?) was breath-taking.

  7. #7
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bonn, BRD
    Posts
    24,363
    Quote Originally Posted by stphndbsn View Post
    He is the most tested athlete in athletics history...
    this is just a blatant lie by his PR boys. Nobody knows who this actually is, because rightly, who gets tested and when is a privacy issue.

    He gets tested in-competition, which is true. But Jamaica didnt have an Anti-Doping Agency when he got through there as kid, so they could have done anything.

    I mean I'm sure he has some favourable genetics to start with, but it was the perfect place to manufacture a superhuman.

  8. #8
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bonn, BRD
    Posts
    24,363

  9. #9
    State Vice-Captain stphndbsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Africa / UK
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    this is just a blatant lie by his PR boys. Nobody knows who this actually is, because rightly, who gets tested and when is a privacy issue.

    He gets tested in-competition, which is true. But Jamaica didnt have an Anti-Doping Agency when he got through there as kid, so they could have done anything.

    I mean I'm sure he has some favourable genetics to start with, but it was the perfect place to manufacture a superhuman.
    Yes buts thats the whole point, he has always been open about this he has not maintained secrecy and always being willing to give more when asked. Unlike many athletes. So while Jamaica Anti-doping is weak the scrutiny he has received from the world has produced nothing, not a single thing. This is contrary to somebody like Armstrong, for example, which controlled his doping testing rigorously and their was always hints and accusations from inside members that he was doping. Eventually it all came out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    This whole blog/discussion (from 2008) shows my point of view... the cynics without any evidence assume and state he must be doping for reasons that has nothing to do with him. And subsequently he has now spent an additional 8 years in the limelight being tested and still nothing.

    Maybe it is my naivety, but I need definite proof before I assume somebody is doping.

    BBC tarnishes the name of Usain Bolt - Telegraph

  10. #10
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bonn, BRD
    Posts
    24,363
    Quote Originally Posted by stphndbsn View Post
    Yes buts thats the whole point, he has always been open about this he has not maintained secrecy and always being willing to give more when asked. Unlike many athletes. So while Jamaica Anti-doping is weak the scrutiny he has received from the world has produced nothing, not a single thing. This is contrary to somebody like Armstrong, for example, which controlled his doping testing rigorously and their was always hints and accusations from inside members that he was doping. Eventually it all came out.
    The problem with Armstrong was that the signs were there. In plain sight. And they were being distributed. But no one cared because they wanted to believe it - only after his career was over was it safe to tear him down.

    We know the IAAF testing process is corrupt - just see how long it took them to take action on Russia. So even if he is tested by them, so what? There are ways to make things disappear.

    Bolt is also anything but transparent. He competes once or twice a year at carefully managed meets, there are always rumours dropped by his PR team that he will compete and then suddenly the day before he withdraws. He withdraws from qualification races with injuries but now in London his body was totally fine again. He is never injured at the wrong time (most athletes miss a championship because but no never the great Bolt).

    But yeah nothing good can come of this - we will know at some point but it will probably be after his career is over.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Lightning Bolt blows over Gayle
    By Xuhaib in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 20-10-2009, 09:44 AM
  2. Usain Bolt: Opening Bowler
    By mohammad16 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 27-08-2009, 09:28 AM
  3. Usain Bolt's Olympic 100m win
    By Craig in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 20-08-2009, 07:55 PM
  4. Phelps V Bolt
    By GIMH in forum Olympic Games 2008
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 07:11 PM
  5. New Interview
    By Simon in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-08-2003, 12:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •