• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next England football manager.

Redbacks

International Captain
He mentored a WC winning manager, and has to take some of the credit for Germany winning the WC as his positive style has been kept as the national team philosophy.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Sam Allardyce is having talks with the FA. It's strange how the only good thing anyone can think of to say about this is that "he couldn't do any worse". As well as not being a particularly sound reason for appointing him, I'm not even sure that he couldn't.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
God if Fat Sam gets it...

I think it would create a no-lose situation when England play. Just be like oh well we've got Mike Bassett so who cares?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As hilarious as this would be I don't think he's any worse than average for an international manager. Probably better than over half of those at the Euros. A small improvement on Hodgson.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If they're determined to go English I don't really see a better option to be fair.

Plus it might get Sunderland relegated, which is a plus.

Sportlad

Cricket Spectator
Anyone think there is the slightest chance of Slavan Bilic taking the role? It's a fool's hope I'm sure!

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe under Big Sam England play with some nuts for once. Even if it will be terrible viewing.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It's quite comical what they can make a headline out of. Rio Ferdinand was discussing the next England manager and was asked at the end of the interview if he'd fancy the job. He just said "All day". Pretty much a throw away response from someone who knows he's not a candidate. The headline becomes "Rio Ferdinand wants the England job".

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The worst is when the BBC use quotes as an excuse to write a headline that's a blatant lie. Like 'Steve Bruce 'would win England the World Cup''. Then you click on the story and it's a quote from his ma.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There are times when you take a gamble, and times when you want a safe pair of hands - now is one of the latter - never thought I'd say it but I think Allardyce is the man