• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2016-17

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
100% these Mkhitaryan rumours are going to end with the sudden announcement that he's signed for Chelsea.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Zlatan confirms he's going to United then. Mkhitaryan will probably follow in the coming days. I guess they have a pretty good attack now then...

vcs

Why did Ibrahimovic have to go to that lot? I won't be able to take any pleasure out of watching him now. :(

They don't seem to have lost any of their attraction to top players despite missing out on the CL two of the last three years, and getting knocked out of the groups last time. Strange.

Uppercut

There one of very few clubs in the world that could actually afford his wages.
I think plenty could given there's no transfer fee, but they've decided to steer clear. I don't think he'll be a success. England really isn't the place for players on the way down. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
He just had his best scoring season, albeit it for a dominant team in a not great league. Still, I don't see much downside to this transfer given it's a one year contract, unfortunately. Even if he scored at half the rate he did last season he'd still be an asset.

Clubs could probably afford it but might not go for him if they don't have a culture of paying those sort of wages. I imagine Arsenal would fall into that bracket.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He just had his best scoring season, albeit it for a dominant team in a not great league. Still, I don't see much downside to this transfer given it's a one year contract, unfortunately. Even if he scored at half the rate he did last season he'd still be an asset.

Clubs could probably afford it but might not go for him if they don't have a culture of paying those sort of wages. I imagine Arsenal would fall into that bracket.
It might not be a great league, but it's notoriously defensive and difficult to score goals in France. Zlatan's achievements aren't to be sniffed at.