• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2016-17

cpr

International Coach
13,000.... Means you'll be taking more to a play off final than we'll be taking to a European Final.

Because **** you, love UEFA.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
To be fair to Tranmere, if 15,000 locals went to Wembley the whole place would be empty. We (Plymouth) took about 33,000 last season which was not a sell out but on average gates of around 9,000 from a population of over quarter of a million. (And as Grecian would probably point out a large proportion of the fans were from Cornwall anyway.)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We'd take more red/blue tagalongs but it's £40 just for the ticket, and Liverpool are playing on Sunday. We sold our allocation out for the League Cup Final in 2000 but obviously the conference play off is not quite the same attraction.

We'd have a big catchment area for support from the peripheral areas but for those pesky teams with 27 league titles between them across the river.

We'll still outnumber our veggie friends five to one though. And quite frankly if we win I don't care if there are only eight of us there.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Set by the national league themselves I believe.

They've at least only sold blocks at a time so we should be relatively packed in.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The tickets were listed as £36 for adults, but there was also a £3 booking fee. And then whether you chose delivery, print your own or collect at Wembley there was an additional charge. Kids exactly half the price.

They were the cheap tickets, the pitchside ones are about £45 with no concessions available

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
At the end of the day, they've got the likes of me by the balls because I wouldn't miss this for anything. But those who'd fancy a day out are priced out. Especially given it's not cheap to get down there from here

On the other hand I imagine if it was free Forest Green would still bring nobody

Long and short, I reckon they've cost themselves money with these prices but it's hard to say for sure

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Over 20000 in total sold now though. Probably about 16-17k from us at a guess. Beats last year's attendance anyway!

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently Forest Green took 4,000 last year. But that would inevitably include "tourists" who just wanted to see Wembley. Whether that sort would bother a second time is doubtful.

Firebreaker

Banned
I want either Sheffield Wednesday or Huddersfield in PL next season.Fulham and Reading both are chokers and would most likely relegated next season