• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2016-17

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Citeh feel a bit like when Arsenal had world class talent playing a beautiful, intricate system but still didn't win anything because their keeper was Almunia.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
It's so fixable though. Like they've got the amazing forward players and just need a vaguely competent back five. Then at the same time one or two of their really good young players will probably make the leap. Jesus is basically there already, it's an absolute joke how good he is.
It's obscene how much money has actually been spent on that back five in the last half-decade tho, with basically nothing to show for it. Also pretty ridiculous that we bought Boateng then let him go 11 months later after trying to make him play RB, then dropping him 'cause Zaba was better at it. That said, I'm pretty sure we haven't bought a single wing-back since Clichy in 2011, which is the most obvious glaring weakness (and I still can't believe Pep thought what he had would work).

Citeh feel a bit like when Arsenal had world class talent playing a beautiful, intricate system but still didn't win anything because their keeper was Almunia.
Have you watched any City games recently? Haven't seen that beautiful and intricate system much since the summer ended, and certainly not against any team that's halfway decent.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's obscene how much money has actually been spent on that back five in the last half-decade tho, with basically nothing to show for it. Also pretty ridiculous that we bought Boateng then let him go 11 months later after trying to make him play RB, then dropping him 'cause Zaba was better at it. That said, I'm pretty sure we haven't bought a single wing-back since Clichy in 2011, which is the most obvious glaring weakness (and I still can't believe Pep thought what he had would work).

Have you watched any City games recently? Haven't seen that beautiful and intricate system much since the summer ended, and certainly not against any team that's halfway decent.
Generous to describe him as such imo.

Uppercut

Yeah I've watched a fair bit of City this season. Beautiful and intricate would be too far but they're really not bad to watch going forward imo. The first 75% of their build up is great. So they sort of constantly get into moderately dangerous positions, but aren't that efficient in them.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's so fixable though. Like they've got the amazing forward players and just need a vaguely competent back five. Then at the same time one or two of their really good young players will probably make the leap. Jesus is basically there already, it's an absolute joke how good he is.
Their midfield without Gundogan is a pile of arse.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Haha, forgot you guys used to have Boateng.

Pretty sure Bayern tapped him up though so he was always going to end up there.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah I've watched a fair bit of City this season. Beautiful and intricate would be too far but they're really not bad to watch going forward imo. The first 75% of their build up is great. So they sort of constantly get into moderately dangerous positions, but aren't that efficient in them.
We played a pretty bog standard 4-4-2 Sunday where we spent most of the first half crossing the ball into Aguero and Jesus (!!!). Beautiful and intricate, indeed.

Andy Cook's goal at Barrow was the highlight of his trip IMO
It's up there. The Superman dance on the bus another highlight moment.

Nah there was another one as well tbf. FA cup game I think.
Oh you mean the one that cost me another chance to go to the Etihad? :ph34r:

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If the system lets KDB and Silva count as midfielders then it's really, really not. Could use reinforcement though obvs.
I'm referring to the Fernando-Fernandinho-Delph axis of ****e.

I really liked the system Pep had at the start of the season where the wingers stayed wide and the full backs pulled into midfield when City had the ball, freeing up Silva and de Bruyne to both play as 10s.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Didn't realise champions league is tomorrow. Who the **** is going to watch the first half of that **** when it clashes with Aldershot V Tranmere? Madness

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ah **** is it? Someone told me it was on today. Was about to try and tune in, ****.

Edit: Turns out is on on today as well. GIMH WAC.

vcs

No one even bats an eyelid anymore when Ronaldo scores yet another CL knockout hattrick. Incredible.