• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2016-17

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The prospect of the play offs has me ****ting bricks already. If we aren't going to overhaul the sides above us or win the play offs then I'd just rather finish 9th with dignity

Could be at Wembley on successive weeks though. That would be decent I suppose
The new Wembley is no place to be if you lose a Play-off Final. That is unless sitting in non moving traffic for three hours is your thing.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Mirror reporting Rafa is on the shortlist to replace Arsene.

Oh god, I sorta want it to happen.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The Mirror reporting Rafa is on the shortlist to replace Arsene.

Oh god, I sorta want it to happen.
Could do far far worse imo.

If Wenger were to go I would not object to this appointment at all. Unless perhaps there were other self-evidently better options, but I can't think of many that would realistically be available and/or willing.

Edit: for me what absolutely must be avoided is someone in the Brendan Rodgers/Roberto Martinez/Eddie How type mould. Someone like that might be a good shout to be the replacement for Wenger's replacement, after Wenger's replacement has steadied the ship after a massive paradigm shift and change of regime. For that job it imo needs to be a candidate who is either widely recognised as being legit great at the top level, or at least moderately to extremely experienced at the top level.

That said, this talk of Wenger replacing just makes me feel super sad. His various flaws and faults aside, I don't want him to go :(

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Leicester really continuing to slide towards the mire here. Looking like a terrible result for them as things stand.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Could do far far worse imo.

If Wenger were to go I would not object to this appointment at all. Unless perhaps there were other self-evidently better options, but I can't think of many that would realistically be available and/or willing.

Edit: for me what absolutely must be avoided is someone in the Brendan Rodgers/Roberto Martinez/Eddie How type mould. Someone like that might be a good shout to be the replacement for Wenger's replacement, after Wenger's replacement has steadied the ship after a massive paradigm shift and change of regime. For that job it imo needs to be a candidate who is either widely recognised as being legit great at the top level, or at least moderately to extremely experienced at the top level.

That said, this talk of Wenger replacing just makes me feel super sad. His various flaws and faults aside, I don't want him to go :(
The Mirror said on Thursday the shortlist is Allegri, Tuchel, Jardim and Roger Schmidt. Schmidt is the only one I'd have reservations about, but even he does some good stuff.

It's actually looking increasingly likely that at least one of Allegri and Tuchel will be available in the summer. I'd be thrilled with either, as sad as it would be to see Arsene go.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So who is going to be Barcelona head honcho next season?

Pep to leave City as he knows it a bit too competitive here to dominate with how he likes a team to play and return to a 2/3 team league with a heros welcome?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why would he do that?
Yeah it was a very convoluted segue into what was at best a mediocre troll.

Have to think Barca will want a really top manager this time, and the only one who's likely to be available is John Barnes.