• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Schumacher wins again

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought DC did well to come 6th in a really poor car, Massa also did a good job to get a point and once again kimi let down by the car.

i bet montoya is regreting his decision to leave williams for mclaren in 2005, if things keep going like they are he culd easily have the number 9 or 10 on his car next year.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Warne is god said:
How unlucky is Mark Webber? first he stalls, then that BASTARD!! Ralf Schumacher punctures his tyre then that stupid Minardi holds him up then he crashes, the car was clearly fast enough
1) The Jaguar's starting has been dicky all season
2) I was under the impression that the idea of racing was to overtake people. If you can't get past a Minardi...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Classic moment in the press conference after the race.

Button's mobile rings and he answers it "Can i call you back Mum, I'm a bit busy" :lol:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Hes also a Somerset lad.. from Frome :)
Well, oi'll be. Drink up ye zoider.
Be ee Trescarthick's drinkin' buddy?

(yes, I know MT's from Brissle or somewhere like that)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
age_master said:
haha another great drive by the boys in red, and Button also drove really well :)
Don't you mean 'another great sit down and point it in the right direction by the boys in red'?

(still mourning Senna and Jim Clark)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Its becomming too much to take, its starting to look like BAR and Renault will be Ferraris biggest challenges, meaning they wont get lapped as much....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The thing that surprised me most is that the Jaguars actually started when the drivers wanted them to.

Why is the complaint directed at the dominance of Ferrari? Single team dominance is not new.. Mercedes, Auto Union, Ferrari, Brabham, Tyrrell, Lotus, McLaren, Williams, Benetton and Renault have all had periods where their cars were the class of the field by a distance (couple of clarifications before people complain about that list: Renault is 1984 where the only reason they weren't champions was their engines blew up more than a Mercedes; and McLaren in 1988 won 15/16 races (they lost the other because of a backmarker not paying attention whilst being lapped. Jo-Louis Schlesser.)

The problem isn't dominance. It's the fact that there's too much downforce, grip (aerodynamic and mechanical) and resultantly dirty air and next to no overtaking.

Langeveldt

Soutie
luckyeddie said:
Well, oi'll be. Drink up ye zoider.
Be ee Trescarthick's drinkin' buddy?

(yes, I know MT's from Brissle or somewhere like that)

Noo, Trezz is from up Baaaaath way!

Oi bet iz drinkin paartner be someone loik Keith Paaaaaaarsunzzz, 'ees a good ol' zummerzet boy....

(I reckon there is an average of one Parsons per team in the Somerset cricket league...)

Bahrain is a hot place to have a grand prix...

My only experience of the country is an awful airport, intimidating immigration.. And a massive bar fight in an Irish Bar in the airport that spilled out onto our table (yes Bahrain is possibly the worst place in the world to break the law, bar North Korea, Iran and Saudi maybe)

Craig

World Traveller
Quite a few Arab countries you can drink there. Obviously not in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

If Shumacher wins Round 4, unless he has a major crash they might well start putting his name on the Trophey for a 7th time.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
Quite a few Arab countries you can drink there. Obviously not in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

If Shumacher wins Round 4, unless he has a major crash they might well start putting his name on the Trophey for a 7th time.
Yes, but Bahrain is dry now, I believe.
Didn't they change adverts on cars and have no champers at the presentation?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just done a search and whereas it (booze) doesn't seem to be banned per se, it seems to be very much frowned upon in public by various groups