• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Schumacher wins again

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Makes perfect sense.

Neither Coulthard or Ralf are particularly talented - Webber and Button most definitely are - that would be a brilliant driver partnership, potentially the best in F1 since Prost/Senna.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i dont rate barrichello that highly.
Webber and Button together would b a good partnership, both are good drivers, but i wonder if either is good enough to win the championship.
Neither has had much success in f1 (not a podium between them) so i think it maybe a bit risky to take them both on.
And if the BAR keeps performing like it has in testing Button may be reluctant to leave anyway.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
i dont rate barrichello that highly.
Webber and Button together would b a good partnership, both are good drivers, but i wonder if either is good enough to win the championship.
Neither has had much success in f1 (not a podium between them) so i think it maybe a bit risky to take them both on.
And if the BAR keeps performing like it has in testing Button may be reluctant to leave anyway.

Barrichello i like, i rate him quite highly. playing behind Michael cant be easy.

Webber and Button may not have a podium but have both done well and Webber hasn't had a good car yet...

Simon

i agree they are both good drivers, but its a big rosk putting 2 guys with no success in the team together at the same time, maybe williams can lure Alonso to the team to partner Webber.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
Webber and Button may not have a podium but have both done well and Webber hasn't had a good car yet...
* notes that only the Aussie is given the car excuse *

Simon

age_master said:
notes who jensen button has driven for before...
Williams had a very poor car then, Jenson was young and probably not ready to be at a team like Williams, who despite having an average package, had massive expectations.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
broncoman said:
i agree they are both good drivers, but its a big rosk putting 2 guys with no success in the team together at the same time, maybe williams can lure Alonso to the team to partner Webber.
Given the Renault-Briatore-Alonso connections, I think there's more chance of my being drafted in for Minardi to replace Zsolt Baumgartner at Malaysia.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
The drive partnership I'd love to see would be Button and Alonso...two of the youngest and most promising drivers on the grid. Alonso is already showing his potential, Button's got shedloads of it and isn't far off a podium.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Given the Renault-Briatore-Alonso connections

Briatore is Webbers manager as well... very interesting....

ohh and this

Mild Seven Renault F1 Team Managing Director Flavio Briatore today reacted to German media speculation on Ralf Schumacher and Renault, firmly denying that any discussions had taken place concerning the German driver’s future.

“I saw Willi Weber in Melbourne,” commented Briatore, “and we certainly talked to each other – we are friends, so that is perfectly normal. However, at no time did we discuss, or have we discussed, a possible future for Ralf Schumacher in a Renault car."

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yeah, I'd put zero faith in that.

The difference between Webber and Alonso is that Flavio already has Fernandinho in his team - and won't be letting go.

I'd say there's a better-than-even chance of Webber/Button in 2005.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
Yeah, I'd put zero faith in that.

The difference between Webber and Alonso is that Flavio already has Fernandinho in his team - and won't be letting go.

Can't stop me dreaming...:)

Even if they will be competing in something which has become a joke with all the rules and tires and new qualifying sessions...sheesh why not go and scrap everyone's data and start over again? Probably be faster. We just have to accept that Ferrari have by far the best package, the best design team and are using it to make the best driver unbeatable, and in a few year's time when he's retired we can go back to watching a sport instead of a joke of regulations and one team dominating despite the almost constant attempts by the FIA to stop them from doing so. Either that, or we will be watching one of the younger drivers following Rubens around for another few years after that.

Simon

Neil Pickup said:

i tend to agree......
But formula 1 has a habit of throwing up uncertainties, however common sense says that will be Williams 2005 partnership.

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
How unlucky is Mark Webber? first he stalls, then that BASTARD!! Ralf Schumacher punctures his tyre then that stupid Minardi holds him up then he crashes, the car was clearly fast enough