• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Robben joins Chelsea

Craig

World Traveller
Arjen Robben has joined Chelsea from PSV. Robben was going to join Manure, but it fell through with all the dramas going on there.

So far he and goalkeeper Petr Chech have been the only other signings for next season.

nibbs

International Captain
dammit. we are buying too many players. i'm getting a bit annoyed with it all. they should have made some kind of 3 season plan. but all this in half a season is just lame.

Craig

World Traveller
Well I would get rid of: Neil Sullevin (not a good goalkeeper), Robert Huth, Winston Bogarde (football's biggest bludger), Jesper Gronkjaer, JFH/Eiduar Gudjohnsen.

I would loan Sullevin out to Dunferlime.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Players like Damien Duff & Joe Cole are starting to find out the joys of playing at a club who wants to have all the good players.

This is why teams like Real Madrid & Chelsea will never be exceptional teams because players get annoyed too easily with team selection & transfers.

Craig

World Traveller
Ah but Real Madrid has won more CL's then anybody else.

Give Chelsea time and once they all learn English (or Spanish or Italian) they will be good.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
This is why teams like Real Madrid & Chelsea will never be exceptional teams because players get annoyed too easily with team selection & transfers.
Real Madrid are an exceptional team, best in the World probably.

Nobody there gets annoyed, they fight to regain their place - which is why they're so good.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Well I would get rid of: Neil Sullevin (not a good goalkeeper), Robert Huth, Winston Bogarde (football's biggest bludger), Jesper Gronkjaer, JFH/Eiduar Gudjohnsen.
Sullivan is a good back-up to have, but probably will go.
Huth is a good player - should stay.
It's not Bogarde's fault the club offered him all that money, but his contract is up, so he won't go.
Gronkjaer probably will go now Robben's in.
As for the 2 strikers, why ell if they're scoring goals?

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Sullivan is a good back-up to have, but probably will go.
Huth is a good player - should stay.
It's not Bogarde's fault the club offered him all that money, but his contract is up, so he won't go.
Gronkjaer probably will go now Robben's in.
As for the 2 strikers, why ell if they're scoring goals?
JFH or Eiduar, probably one will go. They might be looking at Trezuquet or Vieri. If Vieri stays fit, I'm pretty sure he will score a lot of goals. They missed a trick in not getting Adriano, before Inter got him from Parma. He would costed quite a bit of money (over £20m) as he was owned by Inter and Parma. And now he has settled in.

Bograde will stay if he gets offered another contract, I doubt it.

Sullivan should look go back to Scotland and try his luck with Dunfermilne as they will need two new goal keepers. It might help him get back into the Scotland squad.

They need another defender, and striker to be honest.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
I hope Carlo Cudicini keeps his place once Cech arrives because he's a great keeper (& pretty gorgeous too :D).

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Anna said:
I hope Carlo Cudicini keeps his place once Cech arrives because he's a great keeper (& pretty gorgeous too :D).
I'm guessing the latter comes to the fore and the former comes after the aforementioned latter.