• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Virtual NRL

Cloete

International Captain
Craig said:
Well Mark Minichello got me a FT last week but has the bye this week :( :!( :(

I will hate R4 as El Mazri wont play because of the bye.

Surprised Chris Walker hasnt been signed...
i had walker but i had to cut him because of kicking duties and the like. turned out to be a great move though! racked up 54 poitns this week

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
This sounds like it's good fun - I wish I'd entered knowing nothing and seen how badly I'd have done!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
This sounds like it's good fun - I wish I'd entered knowing nothing and seen how badly I'd have done!
I've got a comp if you're interested. I need about 4 more players.

Comp # 0148
Password - gold

can't remember the site address, but if you go to google.com and type in 'virtual NRL' there will be a link for it. I want to get the comp started before the season gets too advanced.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
LOL, you need to know something about league to even understand the game. unlike fantasy bet where it explains itself really...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
broncoman said:
LOL, you need to know something about league to even understand the game. unlike fantasy bet where it explains itself really...
The game or the teams?

I have a vague understanding of the rules etc.

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
Not really...

You don't really have to know who the players are, it is just luck on the weekend. Some of the big scorers from last year are yet to even score a try (I"m talking to you Mr. Blacklock!).

Just select them in their positions and hope for the best...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
hehe it might help if you have some idea which players are likley to score tries, and which forwards do alot of work though :)

Simon

marc71178 said:
The game or the teams?

I have a vague understanding of the rules etc.
u might be ok then...
u prolly couldnt go any worse than me so far!

Simon

I finally won a game!!!!
now my players have tasted success we are gonna get use to it...

Simon

Is everyone ele still playing????
or am i managing against myself!!!! either way im enjoying it now cause im starting to win a few games :)

Mister Wright

I'm pretty sure I won too. Just some days your team puts on all the points, others you get nothing - doesn't matter who's in your team.

Simon

Mister Wright said:
I'm pretty sure I won too. Just some days your team puts on all the points, others you get nothing - doesn't matter who's in your team.
some players are nearly sure bets for points every week, my team for example, cam smith gets foward tries more often than not, hes a gk and scores a few tries himself, always scores, he got 16 this week. some players just get foward tries every week like flannery, nutley, price, morley etc...
backs are different though, some weeks they score, others they dont, i got like 9 tries this week, but only 1, 2 weekends ago.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Im still sitting pretty in 2nd spot despite losing this weekend.. Unfortunatley for me Bugs lost so i could've jumped a bit closer with a win, but we are going well...

Simon

the table is starting to look pretty close, im surprised bugs stayed unbeaten for so long, maybe hes finished now :D

DJellett

International Debutant
I've made one - CricketWeb (Competition ID - 3231)
Password is cricket
Anyone interested???
9 spots left

Last edited: