• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2015

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Candidates? Hmmm. Hamilton. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Murray will get more votes depending on the result of the Davis Cup Final. Maybe Fury if by a fluke he wins on Saturday. Farrah and Ennis will presumably make the short list again after Gold Medals at the Worlds Joe Root or Stuart Broad might get thrown in. Footballers? Wayne Rooney a possible despite receiving a lot of criticism for his performances, just because he beat a long standing goal scoring record for England. Crap year (I know I've probably forgotten someone obvious but who cares?) :dots:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Some rather dodgy characters choosing the short list.
◾Dame Mary Peters: 1972 Olympic pentathlon champion
◾Maggie Alphonsi: England women Rugby World Cup winner
◾Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson: 11-time Paralympic gold medallist
◾Jermaine Jenas: former England, Newcastle and Tottenham footballer
◾Hazel Irvine: BBC Sport presenter
◾Baroness Sue Campbell: chair of the Youth Sport Trust
◾Cliff Hayes: associate head of sport content at the Sun
◾Tim Hallissey: head of sport at the Times
◾Ian Prior: head of sport at the Guardian and Observer
◾Barbara Slater: BBC director of sport
◾Philip Bernie: BBC head of TV sport
◾Carl Doran: Sports Personality of the Year executive editor

How on earth does Jermaine Jenus get in there? Surely in this day and age it's not beyond the wisdom of man to let people vote for absolutely anyone digitally and then put the Top 10 (or whatever number) up for phone votes as well.
If it's a difficult vote I always go for the one who would look best naked. There's no outstanding candidate this year so I think I'll probably go for Jessica Ennis-Hill again.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I appreciate the replies to the thread, but I'm left with the feeling that some people are conversing in a secret code that I haven't yet cracked. (yes I have seen the mention of scrabble in the sig, but thought no.............)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Surely Micky Adams deserves a mention for taking a club somewhere it hadn't been for 94 years? Miracle worker

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Some rather dodgy characters choosing the short list.
◾Dame Mary Peters: 1972 Olympic pentathlon champion
◾Maggie Alphonsi: England women Rugby World Cup winner
◾Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson: 11-time Paralympic gold medallist
◾Jermaine Jenas: former England, Newcastle and Tottenham footballer
◾Hazel Irvine: BBC Sport presenter
◾Baroness Sue Campbell: chair of the Youth Sport Trust
◾Cliff Hayes: associate head of sport content at the Sun
◾Tim Hallissey: head of sport at the Times
◾Ian Prior: head of sport at the Guardian and Observer
◾Barbara Slater: BBC director of sport
◾Philip Bernie: BBC head of TV sport
◾Carl Doran: Sports Personality of the Year executive editor

How on earth does Jermaine Jenus get in there? Surely in this day and age it's not beyond the wisdom of man to let people vote for absolutely anyone digitally and then put the Top 10 (or whatever number) up for phone votes as well.
If it's a difficult vote I always go for the one who would look best naked. There's no outstanding candidate this year so I think I'll probably go for Jessica Ennis-Hill again.
I'm sure they used to allow the public to vote for anyone but think there were instances like when there was a campaign from a magazine to get Justin Fashanu to win it but then they disqualified him.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If lovely Jess doesn't win, I'm storming the BBC. Fury is a ****, and Murray has won it before, and neither of them recently squeezed a fully-formed human from themselves.

Jess2win, still think the petrolheads may block vote bloody Hamilton to victory again though.