Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2015

  1. #1
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    england
    Posts
    7,469

    BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2015

    Candidates? Hmmm. Hamilton. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Murray will get more votes depending on the result of the Davis Cup Final. Maybe Fury if by a fluke he wins on Saturday. Farrah and Ennis will presumably make the short list again after Gold Medals at the Worlds Joe Root or Stuart Broad might get thrown in. Footballers? Wayne Rooney a possible despite receiving a lot of criticism for his performances, just because he beat a long standing goal scoring record for England. Crap year (I know I've probably forgotten someone obvious but who cares?)

  2. #2
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Auckland, Aotearoa
    Posts
    21,438
    Tony McCoy retired earlier in the year - maybe him?

  3. #3
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    england
    Posts
    7,469
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Tony McCoy retired earlier in the year - maybe him?
    He won it quite recently (5 years ago). They'll probably dump him the token Lifetime Achievement Award this year.

  4. #4
    Cricketer Of The Year harsh.ag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    8,271
    Farah probably
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~


  5. #5
    I'm national champion but only came 9th in Perth, so I'm probably out of the running this year.
    cpr and Daemon like this.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 2015.
    Author of Word Addict
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade

  6. #6
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    There lie they, and here lie we, Under the spreading chestnut tree
    Posts
    38,302
    Saw your book on Amazon, Beevs. Have ordered it for Christmas.

  7. #7
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    england
    Posts
    7,469
    Some rather dodgy characters choosing the short list.
    ◾Dame Mary Peters: 1972 Olympic pentathlon champion
    ◾Maggie Alphonsi: England women Rugby World Cup winner
    ◾Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson: 11-time Paralympic gold medallist
    ◾Jermaine Jenas: former England, Newcastle and Tottenham footballer
    ◾Hazel Irvine: BBC Sport presenter
    ◾Baroness Sue Campbell: chair of the Youth Sport Trust
    ◾Cliff Hayes: associate head of sport content at the Sun
    ◾Tim Hallissey: head of sport at the Times
    ◾Ian Prior: head of sport at the Guardian and Observer
    ◾Barbara Slater: BBC director of sport
    ◾Philip Bernie: BBC head of TV sport
    ◾Carl Doran: Sports Personality of the Year executive editor

    How on earth does Jermaine Jenus get in there? Surely in this day and age it's not beyond the wisdom of man to let people vote for absolutely anyone digitally and then put the Top 10 (or whatever number) up for phone votes as well.
    If it's a difficult vote I always go for the one who would look best naked. There's no outstanding candidate this year so I think I'll probably go for Jessica Ennis-Hill again.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Saw your book on Amazon, Beevs. Have ordered it for Christmas.
    Cool, look forward to seeing you at the World Championships in Lille next year.

  9. #9
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    england
    Posts
    7,469
    I appreciate the replies to the thread, but I'm left with the feeling that some people are conversing in a secret code that I haven't yet cracked. (yes I have seen the mention of scrabble in the sig, but thought no.............)

  10. #10
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chasing Yesterday
    Posts
    55,486
    Surely Micky Adams deserves a mention for taking a club somewhere it hadn't been for 94 years? Miracle worker

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    viewing user control panel
    Posts
    19,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    Some rather dodgy characters choosing the short list.
    ◾Dame Mary Peters: 1972 Olympic pentathlon champion
    ◾Maggie Alphonsi: England women Rugby World Cup winner
    ◾Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson: 11-time Paralympic gold medallist
    ◾Jermaine Jenas: former England, Newcastle and Tottenham footballer
    ◾Hazel Irvine: BBC Sport presenter
    ◾Baroness Sue Campbell: chair of the Youth Sport Trust
    ◾Cliff Hayes: associate head of sport content at the Sun
    ◾Tim Hallissey: head of sport at the Times
    ◾Ian Prior: head of sport at the Guardian and Observer
    ◾Barbara Slater: BBC director of sport
    ◾Philip Bernie: BBC head of TV sport
    ◾Carl Doran: Sports Personality of the Year executive editor

    How on earth does Jermaine Jenus get in there? Surely in this day and age it's not beyond the wisdom of man to let people vote for absolutely anyone digitally and then put the Top 10 (or whatever number) up for phone votes as well.
    If it's a difficult vote I always go for the one who would look best naked. There's no outstanding candidate this year so I think I'll probably go for Jessica Ennis-Hill again.
    I'm sure they used to allow the public to vote for anyone but think there were instances like when there was a campaign from a magazine to get Justin Fashanu to win it but then they disqualified him.

  12. #12
    Hall of Fame Member flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    16,358
    If Britain win the Davis Cup then Murray will be a cert.

  13. #13
    International Coach Pothas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Brum
    Posts
    14,803
    Nah, I don't think the Davis cup is a big enough thing. It will be Ennis.

  14. #14
    Hall of Fame Member flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    16,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Nah, I don't think the Davis cup is a big enough thing. It will be Ennis.
    More recent though, a couple of weeks before voting. Fresh in minds.

  15. #15
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    england
    Posts
    7,469
    Fury or Murray now favourites. Murray should get the "team" award as well.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. British sports personality of the year
    By Hazza in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 326
    Last Post: 15-12-2014, 08:39 AM
  2. Laureus World Sports Awards - team of the year
    By Fuller Pilch in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 20-01-2012, 06:43 AM
  3. ***RANT*** BBC Sports Personality
    By nick-o in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-12-2005, 04:13 PM
  4. Personality or Looks?
    By psxpro in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 20-04-2005, 08:00 AM
  5. UK Sports personality 2003
    By Langeveldt in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16-12-2003, 06:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •