• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favorite sport(s) apart from cricket and soccer (football)?

Favorite except for cricket and soccer?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
It doesn't take a genius to deduce soccer (association football) would most likely be the 2nd most popular in this forum overall. Hence why I'm automatically cutting it down as an option.

So I comprised a list of sports based on demographics of cricket fans, popularity of threads in this forum, and lastly popularity of particular sports in the media.

Also, I'm making it multiple choice in case you wanted to pick more than one.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Tennis is pretty much the only other sport I follow. Gonna try and follow the NBA a bit this year though.

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
tbh I'd put cricket behind Football, Basketball and American Football.
Yeah, if not for things like the World Cup I'm not sure if cricket would be up there for me either. Test cricket especially has been really trying my patience with it's never ending trend of home pitch bullying and also flat pitches to a lesser extent.

I grew up loving the ATG Australian side play because they could compete anywhere in the world. It's been such a big letdown as a neutral ever since that era. And what sucks the most for me is that there are no signs of it ever changing in the foreseeable future for more neutralizing and entertaining cricket.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I love basketball but the timing sucks at it comes mostly in the mornings. Some times, I record some games and do try to catch playoffs. I used to like tennis but find it increasingly boring. It's not just because of more powerful players in the modern game either.

Over the last few years, I prefer watching cricket to other sports far more than before. If there is cricket on, I would rather watch that as long as it is a test or FC game.

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
I love basketball but the timing sucks at it comes mostly in the mornings. Some times, I record some games and do try to catch playoffs. I used to like tennis but find it increasingly boring. It's not just because of more powerful players in the modern game either.

Over the last few years, I prefer watching cricket to other sports far more than before. If there is cricket on, I would rather watch that as long as it is a test or FC game.
Ahh tennis..What I'm finding boring about it now is that it's pretty much like the Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams show. I thoroughly enjoyed the Vinci upset against Serena at the US Open this year, but then Novak also came back to win 3 slams in the year...

Maybe that looks somewhat double standards for a guy that just said he enjoyed watching the ATG Australian side in cricket. But I don't know, to me those don't seem much alike tbh.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Love football and tennis. Surprised there's a pro-wrestling option :laugh:

I'd have voted pro wrestling a year ago but it's so bad right now.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I'd say cricket is 1a and basketball is 1b. Everything else is a distant 2nd, probably NFL followed by MLB and NHL, all sports I only keep up with via the scorecard.