• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favorite sport(s) apart from cricket and soccer (football)?

Favorite except for cricket and soccer?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
It's easier to hunt just one country than the entire planet tbf
It's a pretty big misconception that only Americans call it soccer actually. Even among the countries here, I believe soccer is still the dominant name for it in Australia/New Zealand. Though I hear there has been a push to call it Football in recent times. I'm not sure if it has actually worked and had a significant impact at all though. Our fellow people from the Trans-Tasman would be better suited tell you that.

If it makes you feel better though, you can refer to their football as Gridiron...

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Used to follow a lot more sports than I do now, this was probably down to the lack of Sky Sports when I was growing up, so most things on TV I watched. Traditionally Formula 1 would have been 3rd favourite but it is in such a bad way right now, it is probably Cycling or Golf really.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Like to play chess and watch Youtube videos on epic chess games involving likes of Fischer, Tal, Capablanca etc. Not so much live viewing though. Otherwise like to watch Poker whenever it is televised or watch it on YouTube sometimes. As outdoor sports, it's limited to cricket and football basically.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rugby Union, but I have a love/hate relationship with it. Its main purpose in the UK is to be compared favourably with football by middle class people. And all of the players are far more attractive than me.

Spark

Global Moderator
I honestly probably wouldn't have said Rugby even two months ago, but this WC has been fantastic. Really revitalised my interest in the sport.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah, the success of the Warriors over the past couple of years and this World Cup mean Rugby's probably up there.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Even I have watched some matches in this WC, the standard of play has been exceptional. Last time I watched was in 2010-11.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
The name "Association Football" should be changed to "Soccer Football", because it is much easier for being understood by most people.

cnerd123

likes this
MMA is really the only other sport I follow outside of Cricket. Could never get into football soccer despite playing it a lot.

Burner

International Regular
MMA is really the only other sport I follow outside of Cricket. Could never get into football soccer despite playing it a lot.
Haha, yeah. I find watching football very boring too. I love playing it though and it's pretty much the only sport I play nowadays.