• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Seb Coe - Head of IAAF

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Athletics is currently facing arguably its biggest crisis with allegations of widespread doping that may have been swept under the carpet

These include:

•A total of 800 athletes in disciplines from 800m to the marathon registered values which, according to the definition of the biological passport of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) are regarded as suspicious or even highly suspicious;

•In the analysis of the blood levels of the medal-winners at world championships and Olympics between 2001 and 2012, every third medal was won by athletes, for whom experts have identified suspicious blood values in the database; and

•For every sixth medal winner at least one, they claimed, had doped in the course of his/her career.

For his part, Coe is a politician these days and self-interest is paramount

As such, it is strongly suspected by most that he will attempt to sweep it all under the carpet as to do anything else will require an attack on the federations that have just elected him president

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Athletics is currently facing arguably its biggest crisis with allegations of widespread doping that may have been swept under the carpet

These include:

•A total of 800 athletes in disciplines from 800m to the marathon registered values which, according to the definition of the biological passport of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) are regarded as suspicious or even highly suspicious;

•In the analysis of the blood levels of the medal-winners at world championships and Olympics between 2001 and 2012, every third medal was won by athletes, for whom experts have identified suspicious blood values in the database; and

•For every sixth medal winner at least one, they claimed, had doped in the course of his/her career.

For his part, Coe is a politician these days and self-interest is paramount

As such, it is strongly suspected by most that he will attempt to sweep it all under the carpet as to do anything else will require an attack on the federations that have just elected him president
Ah, the elegance of a sweeping statement about sweeping something under the carpet.

grecian

I agree with Social, and it has nothing to do with me being an Ovett fan back in the day, and Seb being a Tory scum.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Bolt beat the doped up favourite in the World Championship 100m. Good also to see Jessica Ennis win another gold medal, amazing specimen.

Johnners

I've no idea about the politics surrounding this, but it was interesting to hear the Eurosport commentators being quite excited about Coe's appointment, and then reading this.

I was also quite amused at their almost relief that Bolt won last night.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I've no idea about the politics surrounding this, but it was interesting to hear the Eurosport commentators being quite excited about Coe's appointment, and then reading this.

I was also quite amused at their almost relief that Bolt won last night.
The BBC were almost euphoric.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Organised government doping programmes are hardly new. Or do they think the East German women in the 70's and 80's grew moustache's naturally?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I'm really shocked that people find this stuff shocking. Athletics has been full of drugs for as long as I can remember. I thought Athletics fans were just resigned to that fact but it seems there were plenty in denial.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Yeah I'm really shocked that people find this stuff shocking. Athletics has been full of drugs for as long as I can remember. I thought Athletics fans were just resigned to that fact but it seems there were plenty in denial.
Essentially the only thing that keeps me going is the fact that some get punished, how haphazard and horrible the justice method is.

In contrast to other sports who run their doping programme in plain daylight and people don't care.

fredfertang

I agree with Social, and it has everything to do with me being an Ovett fan back in the day, and Seb being a Tory scum.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i always used to root for coe over ovett...didn't know about his political affiliations of course...is he a real asshole?