• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Football Season 2015-16 Top 4 and other predictions

EPL Top 4

• Total voters

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, it's a pretty dumb prediction. All you have to do is look at the math to see how unlikely it is. Average top four points total is about 72 points. To get that from where they are they have to go at a pace that would give them 88 points. Basically they'd have to revert to last seasons standard right now and hope they get lucky. I suppose you could argue that maybe the league is more competitive this season and the points needed for 4th would be slightly lower, but Tottenham and Liverpool look pretty good and any extra quality in the middling sides would hurt Chelsea too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So, thought it was worth digging up to see everyone's predictions now for the Prem. No point ripping on how wrong anyone has been because well nobody has called this one correctly

Btw for those who take pleasure in my absurd predictions, three of the teams I tipped for relegation from the conference have won at Prenton Park and it took a last minute penalty to beat the other

Anyway, top four

City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Leicester
(United 5th)

Figured I would tip United in there but changed my mind and decided to optimistically back Leicester to stay in the mixer. Tbh would only put money on City and Arsenal finishing in there.

Relegation:
Villa
Sunderland
Norwich

Expect Newcastle to put a run together at some stage and finish 14th

Btw speaking of predictions, I see Chelsea are favourites to beat Leicester at the KP tomorrow. Seems good value to back Leicester given all the signs suggest they'll win. Probably given them the kiss of death now. This happened with us when we had our mega run at the start of 12-13. Took the bookies a while to catch up and by the time they did we were ****e again.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I'll definitely be backing Leicester against Chelsea. Obviously Leicester will revert eventually but probably not until a few key players get injured or they get bogged down in the Christmas schedule.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Lets see how they're going.

Champion: Arsenal
Hopefully.

Relegated teams: Villa, Norwich and Sunderland
Villa are in big trouble. Wouldn't be surprised if one of the other two got relegated as well.

Top scorer: Kun. The GIMH answer is Walcott though.
Injuries have hurt both. Suppose that was quite predictable though.

Top assists: Mesut.
Yep.

Player of the Season: Mesut
Yep.

First manager to get sacked: Mourinho
Probably should've been.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Champions United
Looking unlikely

Relegated teams Norwich, Sunderland and Watford
Not sure what I was thinking with Watford, the other two not bad shouts, but should have mentioned Villa.

Top Scorer Rooney
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Assists Fabregas

Player of the Season Rooney

First Manager to get Sacked Rodgers
Not far off

Top 4 - United, Chelsea, City and Everton :ph34r:
Not looking good.

Might has well not have bothered. Pretty wide of the mark.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Halfway through now, and my Arsenal/Liverpool/Man City/Man United is still an outside chance. Spurs have done better than expected. Leicester just need to fade...

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Doesn't look like anyone got more than two of the top four right (unless the other votes were Leicester....).

cpr

International Coach
Wheras I successfully predicted that this season would be too unpredictable to make completing something like this worthwhile...

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Champion: Chelsea, followed by Arsenal, Citeh and United. Arsenal's squad would've been good enough to win the title when the field was a bit weaker but I don't think they'll find a way to compete with Chelsea in the big games. Citeh are at the end of a cycle I think, too many players that are on the way down. United have sorted out most squad-gaps but to challenge they would need a player in the same league as Hazard/Aguero/Sanchez.
Relegated teams: Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Norwich. Villa's squad is in terrible shape, Bournemouth would do incredibly well to stay up, and Norwich just don't have a lot going for them.
Top scorer: Aguero
Top assists: Hazard
Player of the Season: Hazard, already good enough to win it last year and at 24 you have to think he's only going to get better.
First manager to get sacked: I'll go with Quique Flores, Watford love a good sacking.
Lol Hazard.