• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to Russia 2018

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Big question is will Ampadu be playing?

Allardyce already making so many BS and contradictory comments in pressers it's embarrassing, I particularly liked how we always qualify for major tournaments apparently.

grecian

Who is stinking it up note for England at the moment a) the football team b) thecricket team c) the Australian-Hungarian tennis player Jo Konta?

Scaly piscine

Glad I'm in Lille and couldn't be tempted into having that pile of ****e on TV. England already doomed for another 2 years.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ended up watching the game last night, against my better judgment. Could have just as easily been watching any England performance for about the last ten years. The more things change the more they stay the same...

Scaly piscine

Ended up watching the game last night, against my better judgment. Could have just as easily been watching any England performance for about the last ten years. The more things change the more they stay the same...
Rooney is player-manager now, it just gets even 'better'...

Thought Fat Scum would at least have some bottle, that was pretty much his only redeeming feature.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rooney is player-manager now, it just gets even 'better'...

Thought Fat Scum would at least have some bottle, that was pretty much his only redeeming feature.
Haha it was an incredible thing to say. I don't think even Moyes at United said something as pathetic as that.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, utterly mind-boggling really. It's kind of Brent v.2.0.

I mean, he's basically said "It's not for the manager to manage the players".

What is this I don't even

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah was completely unexpected. Whatever his faults I always thought that Allardyce would be a fairly strong manager.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I mean, how do you even set your side up tactically if you've just admitted that your captain is doing what he wants?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah was completely unexpected. Whatever his faults I always thought that Allardyce would be a fairly strong manager.
I think he's mellowed quite a lot as he's got older. He's also become excessively self-aware about his old-school reputation, and seems to be actively pushing back on it at every opportunity.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think he's mellowed quite a lot as he's got older. He's also become excessively self-aware about his old-school reputation, and seems to be actively pushing back on it at every opportunity.
Kinda asks the question how he thought his comment would portray him though; I can't imagine many of these new-fangled, Opta stat using, book reading bosses saying something similar.

It makes him look not unadjacent to a softcock, IMHO.

grecian

Rashford got an hat-trick for the u-21s, really deserved to be demoted I have to say....

social

Good result for the Aussies in the UAE

Latter is not a bad team at all and it was played in 40+ heat