• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Six Nations thread

Craig

World Traveller
Who will win? Probably England. Although their is no Jonny, England should still beat Italy. Ex-Bradford Bull Henry Paul was picked for England. I know he has played at Sevens but I'm not sure at 15's.

Craig

World Traveller
I predict France to challenge England.

I hope O'Driscoll recovers as he is a fine player. Scotland and Wales are real disapointments, so maybe some hope for them.

PY

International Coach
Without wanting to sound arrogant and over-confident but in theory, we should still whip all our opponents into the ground.

No problems beating Wales, Scotland, Italy and Ireland. Crunch game will, as you say, be against the French. We should still beat them.

I personally would have liked to have played Alex King or Ollie Barkley instead of Grayson but he is a solid option rather than a spectacular player.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Well, Wales beat Scotland, France beat Ireland & England beat Italy on the opening weekend. Not bad.

Iain Balshaw very nearly back to his blistering best & Jason Robinson- a living legend! Grayson played a solid game & Danny Grewcock continued his good form from Bath. The England wagon rolls on :)

Craig

World Traveller
But Italy suck. It would of been a better performance say if it had been France or Ireland.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
England absolutely thrashed Italy.

I feel now that only France could possiblly challenge England in the Six Nations.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Saturday 20th- Olly Barkley starts for England due to a calf injury to Paul Grayson.
Tuesday 23rd- Paul Grayson is back in the starting line-up agaisnt France & there is no room for Barkley on the bench.
Wednesday 24th- Grayson pulls out & Olly starts on Saturday.

Poor boy! He's been up & down, in & out like a yo-yo!

Craig

World Traveller
Well tough luck England, they have come 3rd, Ireland 2nd and France took out the Grand Slam.

Still the Poms here will still crow about the RWC and no Jonny Wilkinson...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I just said 'meh' anyway - never watched any of the 6-nations championship.

For that matter, I never watched much of the World Cup.

Seems to me as though they're already breaking up the WC side, building towards the next one (2007? 2008?), probably looking at the 6-nations as 'not that important'.

I watched the NASA Scramjet feed and news conference instead of the rugby - much more fun.