• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2015-16

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well for all the talk of the Glasgow bunch heading our way for a 'British' league... What about the idea of a Celtic (as in the ethnicity, not the far superior club) system in football similar to rugby? As someone with no vested interest in the Scottish league, it'd be a boost to the other nations who's domestic leagues don't offer the type of standard their international sides suggest, and might improve football at a local level (unless you're from Swansea or Cardiff), improving the game in general there....

Could certainly understand Furball's dislike, but would be intrigued on his thoughts on a full integration, rather than the washy half arsed cup version mentioned above.
Would pose problems for European qualification

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Well for all the talk of the Glasgow bunch heading our way for a 'British' league... What about the idea of a Celtic (as in the ethnicity, not the far superior club) system in football similar to rugby? As someone with no vested interest in the Scottish league, it'd be a boost to the other nations who's domestic leagues don't offer the type of standard their international sides suggest, and might improve football at a local level (unless you're from Swansea or Cardiff), improving the game in general there....

Could certainly understand Furball's dislike, but would be intrigued on his thoughts on a full integration, rather than the washy half arsed cup version mentioned above.
At our level and with the lack of cash involved I don't see any value in sending teams to Cardiff, Belfast or Dublin on away trips.

It'll be interesting to see how the Welsh and Northern Irish clubs fare in the Challenge Cup, granted you can never read too much into one off cup games but if they struggle to win it then I don't see the value in adding them to our setup because they would need to go in at too low a level to make it worthwhile.

At that sort of level I'm of the opinion that football needs more, not less localisation. If you have a Celtic League where Linfield and Glentoran wind up in different divisions then you lose a big derby game that a fixture against Ross County or Dumbarton simply isn't going to make up for.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This is Exeter's statement on the EFL.

Sounds kinda reasonable, and obviously the last paragraph is key.
Seems fair, what does jump out though is they mention the chance to blood youngsters, but the competition rules state you have to be at full strength don't they?

I know there are ways round this anyway but it did make me think.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seems fair, what does jump out though is they mention the chance to blood youngsters, but the competition rules state you have to be at full strength don't they?

Well, maybe they'll change those irritating rules, in fact they've kinda got too, after all it's not the Prem teams first team. In the end blooding youngsters should be a major plus of this comp, but they're not allowed to do it. We've a decent academy, as the statement says, would be nice to see them get some game-time.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

It really pisses me off when governing bodies interfere in team selection.

cpr

International Coach
Disgraceful behaviour by GIMH/Furball, fixtures have been out for a good 4 minutes now....