• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2015-16

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Something that's gone a bit under the radar, Di Maria is having his best ever season at PSG. Oh well, hardly missed with all those great creators and dribblers in the current United side.
I think Di Maria is one of Loopys 2 big mistakes. I think he saw him as the X factor Robben was during the WC for the Dutch playing in front of a solid platform. I think he also miscalculated how competitive every game is in the Premiership.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Simeone is the best of the lot but Atletico is so perfect for him, he would never do as well anywhere else. I think he knows it too.

If Pep goes to Citeh the best available option might be Pellegrini.
I was actually going to ask this, at the very least the change in personally from Van Gaal would likely be a positive.

They also really need a director of football or something.

Redbacks

International Captain
Pochettino has been recently mooted a fair bit, though maybe more to give the headlines a fresh spin.
He's done a great job at Spurs but I guess like Jose, he sets up to defend first rather than attack. Not the ethos of United.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't call Pochettino defensive, he just has them well organised and he gives youth a chance. His sides do score a lot of goals and play some very good stuff at times.

Uppercut

Yeah he's not a defensive coach in the slightest. We would need a DoF though. Also I'm not sure it would be a good move for him, Spurs are on the up and will probably be able to keep their best players going into next season, especially if they finish top 4, which really looks likely.

Redbacks

International Captain
Yeah he's not a defensive coach in the slightest. We would need a DoF though. Also I'm not sure it would be a good move for him, Spurs are on the up and will probably be able to keep their best players going into next season, especially if they finish top 4, which really looks likely.
Maybe against weaker teams but a few games I've seen them go with barely a decent shot on target. The 0-0 with Chelsea they had 10 behind ball and barely supported the central striker.

Uppercut

I'm not sure what '10 behind ball' is supposed to mean. Everyone plays 11 behind the ball when they're defending now. I'd say defensive teams are ones that either don't try to win the ball in the other team's half, or play a slow build up when they win the ball back. Spurs are the highest pressers in the division and also fairly direct. Very attacking strategy, same one he used at Southampton.

cpr

International Coach
I think Di Maria is one of Loopys 2 big mistakes. I think he saw him as the X factor Robben was during the WC for the Dutch playing in front of a solid platform. I think he also miscalculated how competitive every game is in the Premiership.
Think people hugely underestimate the fact Di Maria's family couldn't settle in Manchester at all and the pressure it put on him mentally. Have it on first hand authority that after the break in they had his other half was just 'nope' to living here and basically told him to demand a move. She was turning down every house offered to them as an alternative to where they were without even looking at them

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Maybe against weaker teams but a few games I've seen them go with barely a decent shot on target. The 0-0 with Chelsea they had 10 behind ball and barely supported the central striker.
3rd most shots on target for in Europe this season. United are 85th.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm enjoying the Prem loads this year, but I'm not terribly invested. I think it kind of shows that my investment is generally driven by hate in Division 1.

Without Mourinho and Ferguson around there's only one manager I really hate. TBH I know I should hate Pulis more, but in the end he doesn't actually get the same hype that other Brit managers do, In fact I keep forgetting he's WBA manager.

So my most passionate hope is definitely seeing Allardyce go down, and I'm seeing most matches through that prism, happy Swansea won for instance, despite their obvious Welshness.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Think people hugely underestimate the fact Di Maria's family couldn't settle in Manchester at all and the pressure it put on him mentally. Have it on first hand authority that after the break in they had his other half was just 'nope' to living here and basically told him to demand a move. She was turning down every house offered to them as an alternative to where they were without even looking at them
Interesting. If the wife wants to leave that badly then you're done. I was just meaning the whole Di Maria signing was a mistake because it was a gamble that didn't pay off. He has a team that can posses with the right players fit but no X factor to unlock tight defenses.