• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2015-16

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Wouldn't call it a smash and grab but Palace were inferior throughout, dunno how they won that game. ****ing Mignolet and his ****ty saves.
Didn't see the game so I have no idea if these words are true in this specific instance, but you seem to say this or something like it so often after a Liverpool defeat that it has lost all meaning. :p

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, actually turned into a really exciting watch for the last half an hour or so, which I did not expect. Pretty good result I would say, given the context.
Fairly lucky to get the point but I wouldn't be pleased with being so thoroughly outfought in a home derby like that. Spurs playing their 3rd game this week too. I don't think Arsenal's injuries are bad enough to explain such a bad performance, none of us saw it coming before the game. Definitely one where Wenger should be giving them a spray afterwards.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Moyes done then apparently, interesting to see if he gets himself a job back in England sometime soon.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Fairly lucky to get the point but I wouldn't be pleased with being so thoroughly outfought in a home derby like that. Spurs playing their 3rd game this week too. I don't think Arsenal's injuries are bad enough to explain such a bad performance, none of us saw it coming before the game. Definitely one where Wenger should be giving them a spray afterwards.
I wasn't that surprised. It's the kind of matchup we struggle with. Wenger's still only beaten Pochettino once in the PL. Cazorla was ill also, which really showed.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't see the game so I have no idea if these words are true in this specific instance, but you seem to say this or something like it so often after a Liverpool defeat that it has lost all meaning. :p
Which part? The losing when playing well part or the Mignolet is a **** keeper part? It's been a long time since we've played this well, against a pretty decent team, and should have won. I'd say it's been more than a year now that generally whenever we've lost we've tended to be pretty **** to boot, so it has been fully deserved. We've had 3 losses this year and the first two (United and West Ham) were deserved. This one was basically us pummelling Palace who had trouble coming out of their half and we've gifted them two really poor goals. Zaha was really good though. You can tell Klopp's influence is really showing in how effectively we're pressing and winning balls but it isn't all there yet, obviously.

Mignolet being **** has been ongoing for a while. He makes a worldie of a save here and there to save us in some games but on the whole he just makes the whole defence anxious and he is **** with his feet.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
All of Spurs' games didn't involve them travelling outside of London tbf. But when I mention context, I also mean the way Arsenal were 1-0 down for most of the match and played like cack. When you take all that into account, I think the result was, on balance, pretty reasonable.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Neymar's goal today will be tough to beat, when one judges the best goal in Europe at the end of 2015/16 season.