• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2015-16

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Rodgers just doesn't value a DM at the end of the day. Maybe Can will slot in there, slowly working his way up the positions. ;)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha that's exactly what Lucas is. Fouls about 9 times in every match, all in deep central areas where the free kick is useless and each foul not quite bad enough to get him booked. Invaluable in big games.
Haha, I remember they had that Sissoko bloke years ago, and all he did was kick people. You got the impression this wasn't necessarily a tactical aspect of his game though, just that he was literally incapable of doing anything else (i.e. actually playing football). I wonder what happened to him.

King Pietersen

International Captain
He's had a pretty good career TBF. Is at Levante now, but before then went Valencia > Liverpool > Juve > PSG > Fiorentina!

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, I remember they had that Sissoko bloke years ago, and all he did was kick people. You got the impression this wasn't necessarily a tactical aspect of his game though, just that he was literally incapable of doing anything else (i.e. actually playing football). I wonder what happened to him.
Haha yeah he was central to that endless parade of excruciating 0-0 draws that Benitez and Mourinho had. Him and Essien seemed to be competing to see who could get away with the most brutal challenge.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
So what do we make of Schneiderlin saying he's going to leave in a few days and Real wanting Kos?
Koscielny rumour is bull**** IMO. I've read that they want to unite him with Varane, but their partnership in the national team has been a disaster, so I doubt that's something they'd really want to do.

I'm kind of going off Schneiderlin. Is he a passing DM or fouling DM?

Uppercut

Definitely a fouling DM imo.

I'd set the bar quite high for a passing DM. Passing should unarguably be the thing they're best at. Like, Pirlo/Alonso/Carrick/late-career Scholes. Arteta would count too.

I think the only player who combines both roles is Busquets? Also maybe Javi Martinez, but I haven't seen that much of him, and he's definitely weighted more towards the fouling.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Then I'd look elsewhere.
Yeah I think Coquelin is a fine fouling DM. You really don't need anyone spectacular for it, just someone with energy and discipline that doesn't expect to play every week. In his last season Ferguson used Phil Jones and he did a perfectly good job of it.

But I think there's a risk Wenger would end up leaving the fouling DM out against Chelsea because the passing DM had a great game against Crystal Palace the previous week. Brings me back to my earlier point, that I think Arsenal's squad is now basically complete but they'll still struggle to win the title because Wenger's management of big games is so much worse than Mourinho's.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Breaks up the play of the other team, stops them from playing. Spoilering, basically. Not exactly in the spirit of the game, but effective.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Breaks up the play of the other team, stops them from playing. Spoilering, basically. Not exactly in the spirit of the game, but effective.
Isn't there some sort of advantage rule for those types of infringements? If it's cynical and intentional, shouldn't they be getting carded?