• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2014/15 Football Draft

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Have played around with this idea for a while now, but I think I'm ready to give it a trundle. Hopefully the timing of this works well for most of you. :)

Similar to what I did years back, we take it in turns to pick a player from the around the world, until our squads are complete. You can then choose your formation and tactics, and I will simulate the games using Fifa 15, and post the scores and highlights (and potentially a brief summary) of the matches in here.

We will pick squads of 18, snake style. Please nominate your chosen top-flight club and first player with your initial post. The 16th manager can choose two players, and then we'll head back in the opposite direction, and so on. You will have 24 hours to choose your player. If you miss your window a player from your club will be randomly selected, and again if you miss it a second time. However missing it a third time will mean you lose your club, and all picks will be done in a similar fashion to save time (unless there's a waiting list for this, but surely that's unlikely, I'm not that cool).

The tournament format will be two-legged knockouts with 16 teams.

Please nominate which side you would like to use. This is mostly stylistic. Injury replacements will come from the unselected players originally from your club. Any injuries forcing a player from the field will keep them out for 1-6 matches, randomly generated.

Any questions or suggestions or whatnot - please fire away!

I would like to participate, and to the surprise of absolutely nobody, I choose Liverpool and Lionel Messi.

Liverpool (Nate) - Messi

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Any club on FIFA presumably? Might as well take advantage of us still being on it :cry:

Tranmere Rovers. Neymar

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'll have a go as filler. Will be rubbish but may as well give it a crack.

Barcelona -- Manuel Neuer

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Did state top flight in the original post, but had GIMHeh in mind when I wrote it. There's no real reason why we can't use all clubs. :) In which case, I'll change to Adelaide United, for even more lulz.

Adelaide United (Nate) - Messi
Arsenal (Cabinet) - Ronaldo
Barcelona (Dan) - Neuer
Borussia Dortmund (Agent TBY) - Hazard
Brentford (pothas) - Suarez
Coventry (marc) - Thiago Silva
Man City (dcye) - Bale
Rotterham (sledger) - Aguero
Tranmere (GIMH) - Neymar
??? (Vimes) - Iniesta

6 more teams. :)

Nate