• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

the big bambino

International Captain
Tuned into Cronulla v Melbourne yesterday morning, another good game but played in an empty stadium. Seems the game may be going the same way down under as it is in Blighty.
Corona virus means the league has taken the option of effectively banning crowds and that is the reason for the empty stadiums.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

If we don't get back on soon (which, hey, we actually might) we'll probably only have ten clubs next season and they'll probably be playing under a different governing body. V'Landys has been ****ing awesome. I hope the new governing body hires him.

D/L

U19 Captain
Corona virus means the league has taken the option of effectively banning crowds and that is the reason for the empty stadiums.
Well, I hope they keep playing. Still looking forward to the State of Origin series, highest standard of RL anywhere in the world. I hope it survives.

D/L

U19 Captain
Good news if true. Hope the "State of Origin" series goes ahead too. I see the first match is to be held in Adelaide which, as far as I can remember, is quite unusual.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like that article the other day was right. No doubt in my mind now Bronson Xerri is the fastest man in Rugby League.

Love that game.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Massive surprise a positive test for a PED was from a Sharks player. Always been clean skins in that regard.

Kraken

International 12th Man
Footy is back, **** yeah. Even though I can’t stand either side, tonight will be a good game. Parra by 4

Burgey

****, how fast is it with the six to go rule? Be interesting to see if the sides who don’t throw it around as much as Parra just go straight up the guts and try to basically go unlimited tackle. Dogs should try that because they have nothing else at all. Melbourne night do it too and just play off Smith against tired defence.

How good to see Boyd los the ball as he was laughing and about to put it down? Wac he is

Shady Slim

International Coach
****, how fast is it with the six to go rule? Be interesting to see if the sides who don’t throw it around as much as Parra just go straight up the guts and try to basically go unlimited tackle. Dogs should try that because they have nothing else at all. Melbourne night do it too and just play off Smith against tired defence.

How good to see Boyd los the ball as he was laughing and about to put it down? Wac he is
reported tbh

Burgey

idgaf about the **** I will cop for saying it, but anything less than top four this year and probably even top two will be a disappointment for Parra. They've got everything covered. Was worried when Mahoney went down in round two but then the comp was delayed and allowed him to recover. This new rule suits them and Junior Paulo will become one of if not the best prop in the game under it, because he can ball play before and at the line as well as bust it. Nathan Brown to come back and add some mongrel. Barring a **** load of injuries to key players they will be there or thereabouts. Got the Roosters, Canberra and Manly in the next few weeks which will give a better indication than that Brisbane outfit who seem to have a lot of "highlight" players without the blokes prepared to really mix it up (Haas excluded - he was great again last night. Kid is ridiculous).

Shady Slim

International Coach
Nah they stink mate. Seriously. Got nothing in attack at all.

Can't believe you follow them. Greatest disgrace to the game in its history.
oh yeah the report's for making fun of the lesser abled tbqh what did you think

greatest disgrace to the game clearly the broncos for employing matt lodge for what it's worth

Kraken

International 12th Man
This is the best chance Parra has had in years to go for the title. As much as it sickens me to say it, they're genuinely good. However if Mahoney goes down injured again, they're in big trouble. I'm tipping them for a spot in the big dance. Canberra vs Parra