• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Hicheal Michael

U19 Captain
Hope so.

I think our fall from grace last year really demonstrated the importance of having wingers who get your sets off to a good start, especially when you have a smallish forward pack. Can't recall a side missing a winger as much as Parra did Radradra last year since Warren Boland retired at Wests in the 80s.
Radradra was electrifying to watch. It is a shame he left.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I am not convinced the Warriors will miss Johnson as much as many are predicting.

IIRC, the Warriors two best performances last year when they knocked over the Dragons and the Roosters was when Johnson was out injured. I think the club is on an upward curve in a general sense, though you never really know haha.

...They also appear to have a very generous first few games to get themselves going.
I'd agree if they had a plan for replacing him. Keighran has promise but was clearly a plan B and Green isn't a guy that'll carry a team on his own.

Who knows though. Could just as easily see it clicking for them.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez the bulldogs look terrible. Tough ask against Nz over there, but they’ve really showed very little here. Klemmer being keenly missed up the guts.

So good to see.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah didn't watch the game but it looks like Keighran played well. Hichael might be on to something.

Hicheal Michael

U19 Captain
My belief that the Warriors would not really miss Johnson actually had little to do with Keighran, who i had actually seen little of prior to his debut. Signing Johnson to a 1M dollar deal was a poor move imo and was never going to work with a club who has to pay above market value for most of it's players anyway.

Keighran looked solid though, very much played 2nd fiddle to Green whose kicking game was excellent. I was amazed at the number of media personal who tipped the Warriors to win the spoon. Having Alex Corvo on your books almost ensures a top 10 finish at worst.

Hoping for a big year for the team.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Miserable afternoon sitting in the wet. Parra played well to win a game they would have lost last year but man we have the handling of a bunch of flippers.

The Jennings binning was interesting. I've always thought it was bull**** that you could send a guy off with a reportable offense and the other team gets nothing more than a penalty. I don't mind that as a new intepretation assuming they're consistent with it.

Burgey

**** me the Rabbits must have got a ****ing fearful half time spray. They’ve basically scored every time they’ve had it since.

Burgey

Looks like this is the year, then. Juggernaut up and running from the get-go this season. Two from two thus far and looking forward to the opening of the Western Sydney Fortress in round six.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like this is the year, then. Juggernaut up and running from the get-go this season. Two from two thus far and looking forward to the opening of the Western Sydney Fortress in round six.
Yeah might try get down there in round 11. Looks like a ripping ground.

Burgey

It's a peach. Lads train at Old Kings so I've seen it going up over the past year and a bit. Going to be an amazing ground to watch footy.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Cleary. clutch af
I'm sure I've seen better hit field goals but there can't be many. He would have hit that from the half way line. Extraordinary strike.

Rest of the game was about as turgid as you'll get. Our defense and scramble is good but our fitness and physicality has gone way backwards under Cleary.