• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I do think they're a decent shout actually.

One of the problems for Parra is the immutable law of nature that they and the Swans cannot win on the same weekend, and the Swans have been terribly consistent since the mid-2000s.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Godamn that was like a drug. I want more.

I don't think I've ever seen a Penrith team defend like this. Tryless for a fortnight and we haven't been playing mugs.

Hype level intensifying :Jumpy:

Burgey

What did you make of the NSW side? I'm worried about the backline - to me it's like Swiss cheese and I think Tedesco will be very busy. neither Mitchell, Roberts nor Maloney are good defensive players. Got to give credit to Fittler for going with an attacking side I suppose.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
What did you make of the NSW side? I'm worried about the backline - to me it's like Swiss cheese and I think Tedesco will be very busy. neither Mitchell, Roberts nor Maloney are good defensive players. Got to give credit to Fittler for going with an attacking side I suppose.
Pretty happy. Much better than in previous years.

Agree that there are defensive concerns with the centers in particular but there aren't really any other standouts and they're absolutely electric with the ball. Reckon they'll be the kind of players that'll rise for Origin too, particularly Mitchell. Reckon we're much stronger in the forwards (particularly in the front row) which will lessen the risk of defensive issues in the backs. Love Cook, Peachey is the best 14 in the game atm and Cleary has looked composed beyond his years since starting first grade. Cordner is really the only guy who looks out of place for me, particularly as a captain and I'd probably start JDB over JTreb (though different outlets are reporting that differently). We also have T Sims, Merrin, Graham, Keary and Cotric providing pressure on the incumbents to perform. Reckon its the best side we've put on the park in a long time.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also if people could continue sleeping on how good Yeo is that'd be great.
Yeah I can't believe he wasn't getting talked up at all, guy is a machine.

He and Oates would have been excellent second row utility players for both sides on the bench.

Burgey

They’re terrible. Even for a team which rarely fails to disappoint.

Meanwhile, Slater out of Origin One.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting which way they'll go. Munster to fullback and Morgan in the halves seems the obvious move. On the other hand it's hard to think of a QLDer who scares me more than Ponga atm so the more game time he gets the better they'll be imo. Might not be confident in bringing him in this late though.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
They’re terrible. Even for a team which rarely fails to disappoint.
The injuries haven't been great, but they look like they really don't give a ****. Arthur's got to be on really thin ice. At least the Knights had a dig the last few years.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I am a massive Yeo fan, you can mark him down for 29 tackles (0 missed) every game and he obviously would have worked well outside Maloney and Cleary.

I agree that this NSW team is very good, there isn't an obvious player who QLD is especially happy that NSW has picked.

Burgey

Interesting which way they'll go. Munster to fullback and Morgan in the halves seems the obvious move. On the other hand it's hard to think of a QLDer who scares me more than Ponga atm so the more game time he gets the better they'll be imo. Might not be confident in bringing him in this late though.
Only problem with Ponga at fullback is he hasn’t trained all week with them and a big part of playing there is organising the defensive structure. If he’d been there all week I’d start him but off the bench he will be lethal.

Burgey

Great first stint from RCG. Cleary belongs and Frizzel looks dangerous too. NSW just got to complete and I think they’ll win.

Inglis aiming up massively as skipper. Such a fast game at this level.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Thought Cleary a bit disappointing tbh. His bomb is better than that. They're doing really well racing up on him but he needs to deal with it better.

Good half though. Cook, Klemmer and RCG all massive but Frizzel probably our best. Pappali and Munster probably QLDs best imo.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Good game, made more interesting by the fresh faces.

QLD were on top physically, particularly in defense (not sure how their line speed could be both that fast and legal) but there was too much quality in our spine which was the difference in the end. Sort of a reverse of the last decade. Teddy was incredible, one of the best fullback performances I can remember. Cook wasn't far behind and Maloney very good too. Inglis easily the best for QLD.

Biggest issues for us were poor meters from our outside backs at the starts of sets as well as our forward rotation. We got run over whenever 3 of Klemmer, RCG, De Bellin and Frizzel were off. Roberts was a concern in defense too, though defending Inglis in that mood is always going to be tough. QLD need just a bit more class, either from Slater or even Ponga. Morgan is not the same player he was last year (for whatever reason).

Burgey

Maloney took so much pressure off Cleary last night. Was a perfect foil for a rookie half back, a couple of mistakes notwithstanding.

I also think NSW can improve their bench forwards if they get rid of J Troboiomyth and bring in a bigger body who eats up more metres. But that could just be the fact I hate Manly so I'm automatically biased against the bloke.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tedesco terrifies me, he's incredible.

Definitely endorse a Slater/Ponga in for Morgan/Milford policy.