• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
As to the best pack, it's tough to split ourselves and the Dragons. Souffs deserve an honourable mention too while the Tigers get most improved. Reckon JFH has been pretty close to the best forward in the comp but RCG has been a bit below his average. Big JDB and Vaughan fan though. I'd shade it to us, but then I would wouldn't I :p.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I agree with selecting RCG for Origin. For me he'd be a lock. If you want something difficult done at the highest level, get a Gillard to do it.

Burgey

I meant in terms of his hosting the sports breakfast show. Gets a good chance to speak in depth a bit about the game. I mean, the bloke captained Australia and is an ATG. He knows his onions.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I meant in terms of his hosting the sports breakfast show. Gets a good chance to speak in depth a bit about the game. I mean, the bloke captained Australia and is an ATG. He knows his onions.
Tbf, I haven't heard Daley commentate in ages, so it's hard to dredge up specifically what I didn't like about him. I think he was just a guy who spouted empty platitudes, kind of like Buderus does currently. He'd probably be much better now with an extra decade of media experience under his belt.

Burgey

Yeah fair enough call. I do enjoy his round up on the weekend's games though. Just has good insight, as you'd hope from a bloke who was a leading play maker.

He's no Sterlo, but then again who is?

I think the current commentator who'll end up with the longest and best legacy is Voss, who kicked off and championed the change in the corner post rule. Surely the best rule change in league in decades.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Vossy loooooooves going on about how spectacular winger finishers weren't a thing in days gone by. Clearly pleased with his work, but fair call it is a great change. He's been the best play caller for a decade or so too, it's amazing that 9 let go of him for Hadley who sounds like he's calling the horses. Warren Smith is pretty good too tbf. Just keep Andy Raymond on the sideline please.

Sterlo is definitely my favourite colour commentator, just about the only thing I miss about footy on 9. Brandy's the best on Fox (which I say with only a little bit of bias), with Ennis being the best of the new crew. Liked Belcher too. Wish they could somehow fuse Blocker's voice with Neil Henry's brain though.

The real question is how Justin Hodges gets a gig. Dude can barely string a sentence together let alone say anything interesting. Him getting fired up when someone (Brandy?) questioned JT's form earlier in the season was as sad as it gets.

Burgey

**** yeah, Hadley is terrible.

So many feuds and hatreds in League. Hadley despises Voss. he gave him a start in radio then resented it when he took off elsewhere or something. Sterlo and Hadley had a massive feud as well, which I think is still ongoing, but has to be set aside because they have to work together sometimes. Mind you, Hadley is seriously one of the most odious men in Australia. He is a terrible human being.

Burgey

Oh yeah, how good would that be? Do you ever listen to Sterlo on triple M? Don't go much on a lot of their commentators but when he's on I'll listen to it just for his analysis. He's rolled gold.

Needs to give it all away and coach Parra imho. Not like he has any hair to lose.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh yeah, how good would that be? Do you ever listen to Sterlo on triple M? Don't go much on a lot of their commentators but when he's on I'll listen to it just for his analysis. He's rolled gold.

Needs to give it all away and coach Parra imho. Not like he has any hair to lose.
Nah, not regularly anyway. Don't radio very much at all.

Hair loss would be the least of the health concerns of a Parra coach tbf.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't think I've ever been this pumped for a game this early in the season. The atmosphere is phenomenal when the bandwagon gets our stadium full.

Burgey

Yeah, understandable mate. Brisbane has a few blokes out and so do we, but it should be a blockbuster. I think Parra wins this one.