• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cronk's quest to get Sydney a premiership in the next 500 odd days is off to an excellent start.

Cowboys really missed Morgan on Friday, Te-Maire and Kodi Nikorima seem to be two peas in a pod when it comes to being utterly forgotten that they're on the field despite being a play maker.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
So Burgey, where does yesterday's effort sit in terms of all time most disgraceful Parra performances?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's right up there. Given the quality of the side they have, it's definitely top 10, maybe top 5. It was really bad. The worst insult to any sportsperson is to say they aren't having a go, and there are plenty of blokes in that side who aren't atm. Once they had those two tries disallowed they just turned up their toes. Horrendous.

Burgey

I know. Worst performance. I think they’re gone already. Not because they’re 0-2 but the way they’ve lost suggests lack of #intent.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I know. Worst performance. I think they’re gone already. Not because they’re 0-2 but the way they’ve lost suggests lack of #intent.
Against us they faded in the heat which made me think they're just slightly underdone physically. I'm not surprised a second successive game in those conditions produced a poor performance, but shipping 50+ is almost always in part down to a ****** attitude.

Gnske

I'm still confused at the rationale for getting Hayne back to the Eels in the first place.The last half of the 2009 season is ancient history now ffs, he ain't gonna be dancing to any trylines in his shape.

I know the Eels are spilling the spaghetti as a unit, but boy did they have enough promising young talent to not require poisoning of the stocks.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yep, I agree with that. In saying that though, its only 2 games into the season so he could come good. Nathan Davis and Greg Leleisiuao are emerging talent that could of taken Radradra's wing spot. I feel sorry for Takairangi a bit - last season was his best and he has now been moved from the centres to a bench/second row spot. I also don't really understand how Kane Evans started the other day. He needs to come off the bench and perform before thinking of him as a starter IMO.

I've tipped Parra to win today* so while a massive loss isn't good for FOR and AGAINST, being 1 W, 2 L isn't too far away.

I still can't believe that Broncos game last night. I was on them so very happy to have won and its great to see Isaako perform so well, but to win without scoring a try and to win by a very dodgy penalty was weird. I hate Golden Point, absolutely hate how the loser gets 0 competition points for their efforts.

*I'm not tipping that amazingly well so far this year

Burgey

Good to know as a Parra fan I can put the cue in the rack for another year after only five weeks. I like this better than seasons like last year, where you get a bit of a surprise and the hope gets you come September before the inevitable disappointment. This way I can just go out and get pissed of a weekend without worrying about keeping one eye on the footy.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I've been really surprised by Parra. They had a real dig yesterday but it felt like a "playing for your season" effort which is a crap place to be in round 5. Some people pointing to Hoffman's drop but you guys had enough ball to win that game several times over. Feels like you're really lacking threat in the forwards, with the Hooker not doing enough in particular. Takairangi is a big loss too.

Burgey

Yeah, as Noofers noted, Taka had his best ever season last year then gets shunted to the back row, which I can understand given the backs we have, but in the back row he's just another smallish forward, of which we have plenty. The forwards lack size, makes me wonder why that Maitangi fella isn't getting a run. Mannah has had his day too.

Like you said, you could tell they were playing under so much pressure yesterday that would should have been some regulation plays were made very deliberate and forced, which slowed them down.

I'd like Moses to realize he's allowed to be tackled once or twice a game too.

Gnske

Hunt and Maloney proving themselves the buys of the off-season tbh, so silly that Cronulla exchanged the latter for Matt Moylan. But i'm Hunt got out of Brisbane tbh, going to learn much more playing with Widdop than Milford and Kodi "I dare you to remember a single thing I do in any match" Nikorima.

If only McCullough could find the greener pasture he deserves too.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Hunt and Maloney proving themselves the buys of the off-season tbh, so silly that Cronulla exchanged the latter for Matt Moylan. But i'm Hunt got out of Brisbane tbh, going to learn much more playing with Widdop than Milford and Kodi "I dare you to remember a single thing I do in any match" Nikorima.

If only McCullough could find the greener pasture he deserves too.
It's an interesting question. Dunno about Maloney in that bracket. He's had one outstanding game and 4 that ranged from passable to absolute bludgers. Hunt is a decent shout, mainly because he takes so much pressure off Widdop and that's exactly what the Dragons needed. I want to see him in big games before I jump on the Hunt train though. I'd throw Tohu Harris into that mix and Blake Green for similar reasons to Hunt. Reckon the Roosters big signings will come into the conversation at some point too. Still think they'll be the team to beat once things really click.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Got caught watching the Back Page and couldn't believe the Craddock's righteousness held around Brown's dig at Bennett - is that pretty much how it's been seen throughout Queensland?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It is pretty great that Cronk Green Hunt Maloney Pearce are all new signings and have been 5 of the best halves to start the season - perhaps only just behind Widdop.

Johnners

Got caught watching the Back Page and couldn't believe the Craddock's righteousness held around Brown's dig at Bennett - is that pretty much how it's been seen throughout Queensland?
Might not be in the best position to comment, but i'd say largely yes in the South East at least, comments section on the Courier Mail were largely in Bennett's favour.

In saying that, it's hardly surprising given how much Bennett is revered here.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
It is pretty great that Cronk Green Hunt Maloney Pearce are all new signings and have been 5 of the best halves to start the season - perhaps only just behind Widdop.
Disagree. He's been very inconsistent.

Burgey

Might not be in the best position to comment, but i'd say largely yes in the South East at least, comments section on the Courier Mail were largely in Bennett's favour.

In saying that, it's hardly surprising given how much Bennett is revered here.
Brown's Bennett smack down is the best thing to happen in the NRL this season imho.