• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NRL now back to the WGAF Cup with the only Sydney side left as close to a purely manufactured franchise as the other three. Hoping the Cowboys win it as they're down on troops and having a go. Roosters in the GF against either Brisbane or Melbourne would be totally devoid of interest for any real fan of the game

Burgey

Nah I meant their modern iteration mate. I know you're a long term fan, I'm posting out of saltiness here.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
How is their modern iteration any different from every club in the comp? Every club just poaches players from every other club. Half of them come halfway through the season ffs.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I love hating the Roosters. The bastards won off a blatant forward pass in rd 3, stole Freddy and had some epic whinges when they were deservedly beaten in 03. I'm cheering for the Cows because I don't want to cheer for the Easts in a GF, though that's what it would come to against the Drizzle/Donkeys.

Seeing Flash get his hands on the trophy would be a decent consolation though. WAFG :wub:.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I love hating the Roosters. The bastards won off a blatant forward pass in rd 3, stole Freddy and had some epic whinges when they were deservedly beaten in 03. I'm cheering for the Cows because I don't want to cheer for the Easts in a GF
See these are all fair and logical reasons to cheer against the Roosters.

Burgey

Cowboys would be a great story as they're missing two of thei best players, but I can't see them beating Melbourne at all in a GF if they make it. Can see the Roosters doing it though.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't realistically see anyone beating Melbourne. It's a pretty weak competition this year.

Burgey

In a sport replete with myths, the "Bulldogs winning culture" is the biggest myth of all.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
McGuire and Hasler are too good to not get a gig somewhere else. I doubt this is the last of the shuffling.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How the **** did this happen? This can't be possible.

Just a pity Storm will probably crush them.

Burgey

Remarkable from the Cows. Hey were dead and buried a month ago. Such a great finals’ run. Still have 14 premiership players in that side. God only knows what they’d do if they had Thurston and Scott there.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great to see the Broncs crash out on Friday night. They were the pretenders amongst the final 8 teams having been is ordinary form for the weeks ending the season. A season's worth of 7 day turnarounds can't save you at the business end of the season when you just don't have the quality. Would have been wonderful to see both Blair and McGuire knocked into next week, but you can't have everything. A humbling in the finals will have to do.

Given there were 3 QLD teams in the final 4 left on the weekend, and 2 are going to do battle in the GF, it's no wonder we keep getting touched up in SOO. The fact the Rooters, a team that struggled to put 40 mins out of 80 together, were the NSW team left on the weekend is probably appropriate.

I really hope the Cowboys can get the win next week. Would be one hell of a story.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
All year the Broncos looked capable of beating every team except for Melbourne. I hated our lineup in the finals - don't underestimate the loss of Korbin Sims as he split up the Blair/Thaiday combo. They should never be the starting props together, even with McGuire at 13. If I was picking our team Thaiday would have been benched and Ese Ese would have started.

Next year I'm curious to see where Bennett plays Jack Bird. Bird has said he'd like to play 13 but I think a backrow of Glenn-Gillett-Bird is a little small. SIms and McGuire would be starting props and McCullough at 9 in that situation.

Bird probably starts off being an expensive centre coming in for Moga and Pangai Jnr or Jo O moving to lock so McGuire can go to best spot, front row again. But in some ways perhaps Bird at 6 and Milford 7 will offer something different in attack and Nikorima being the bench utility would be good too.

Cowboys have been amazing this finals campaign, hopefully the GF is a good one and Cowboys prevail.

Last edited: