• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Flem274*

123/5
i hate the storm so much. the warriors were our own worst enemy today giving up metres around the ruck, and sure all nrl refs are kumar dharmasena in disguise, but god the storm just suck.

they must be rorting the spirit of the salary cap with million dollar apartments in melbourne or something, they lie on players during tackles for about 8 hours each time and then whine to the ref over every little thing. all this to be the best australian league team in a city that doesn't care about league.

there were 79k people at the afl game down the road and those fans are crazy af. it was good to watch. no one cares about your mercenary cheating team go away.

#wahhhhhhh

walsh looks a player

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Every grub act in the nrl since the mid-2000s has its genesis in the Storm. Awful club. Awful city. Awful State. Awful people.

Burgey

Yeah, am not very confident tbh. Poor record vs your blokes, and they've been so tough with a lot of players out. Robinson's ability to get blokes to come in and play their role to a high level is ****ing amazing. Says a lot about the culture and systems they have in place.

Shady Slim

International Coach
@Shady Slim how many points do you give my useless lot on sunday? We have Josh McGuire - hasn’t won a game all season at 2 clubs ffs
was talking to a mate today at uni who reckons that the doggies are specials this week and tho i wouldn’t go that far i am quietly confident tbh - ravalawa seems to score on us for fun but other than that there’s nobody i’m scared of, i reckon that it’ll be a good game; dogs by about eight

then again i’ve been el wrongo before

Kraken

International 12th Man
was talking to a mate today at uni who reckons that the doggies are specials this week and tho i wouldn’t go that far i am quietly confident tbh - ravalawa seems to score on us for fun but other than that there’s nobody i’m scared of, i reckon that it’ll be a good game; dogs by about eight

then again i’ve been el wrongo before
if the dogs will ever win one, it’s this one tbh. We’re not playing well, lomax is out and so is Ravalawa. If we’re serious about making the 8, we have to win this

Burgey

Roosters are a ridiculous club. Had no right to be in that game for so long. Massive respect. The difference between their effort and attitude last night and South’s the night before explains why one of them has multiple recent premierships and the other has dropped out in three straight prelims.

Niukore a bit stiff to get two for that imho. Only because Teddy slipped a bit into it. Suppose his carry overs got him the second week. Less said about D Brown the better. Very lazy and ordinary

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Incredibly sad story this.

Rob Burrow, the diminutive Leeds and England half-back, who was responsible for this moment of magic in the 2011 Super League Grand Final:

Is now so stricken with motor neuron disease (diagnosed only in December 2019) he can no longer speak.

His sanguinity in the face of the inevitable is ****ing humbling. As is the support he gets from his ex-Rhinos teammates.

Flem274*

123/5
****in warriors. 10 minutes of sleepy time cost us.

our defensive structure is bizarre. the goal seems to be push teams wide and let them score tries.

Burgey

Warriors a banana skin game for Parra this weekend. Mahoney likely out, DBown suspended and no Wil Smith to fill in at dummy half, plus the return of human turn style Waqa Blake in place of Niukore in the centres.

That and the fact they ignored advice and played their fringe first graders in reserves last week, meaning they may not be able to travel to Qld as they left the NRL bubble. Some reports suggesting they will have the bare 17 eligible to play. idiots.

Flem274*

123/5
nah you should have more than enough. we only have 60 minutes in us per game. you'll get a 20 minute period where we play like we've never seen a rugby field before.