• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

the big bambino

International Captain
Nowhere near the same. Addo Carr was the closest and fastest man to the ball and a match levelling try. Allen was effectively rewarded for his illegal check. Whatever injustice Qld may feel over Munster was made up for when they got the ball close to the line after Tedesco was concussed out of the match after dropping the ball due to a knee to the head.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah. It seems like a bad precedent and a bit too meta to say Josh Addo Carr as the fastest man in the league was certain to win the race to the ball and therefore penalty try. 10 metres from the ball is a long distance, but I'd say he had a 95% chance of scoring before being taken out.

the big bambino

International Captain
For me the offending player's reaction should be a determining factor. the only reason Allen took him out is he thought he'd score so it was worthwhile for him to spend the rest of the game in the bin and his side a man short. Awarding the try would be justified as well as a signal to punish any future acts of cynicism. Whereas now players will see what happened to Allen and think it worthwhile to do the same.

stephen

They had already said numerous times that Addo-Carr was playing in an injured ankle. How could the refs been certain that he would have overtaken the three Queenslanders who were in front of him?

Both the video and on field ref made the same decision in the end.

I do agree that it probably prevented a try but it was far more egregious that the foul on Munster wasn't called at all in the first half.

mr_mister

Cocaine wouldn't be performance enhancing... Unless he snorted a line twenty min before kick off

So what's the big deal

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Burgey

The juggernaut off to a clunky start but got a win. Saints are terrible again, but tbh cronulla weren’t much better at all. Would be awesome if Manly get the spoon.

Kraken

International 12th Man
first half wasn't good, but I'm glad we gave it a red hot crack in the 2nd half, promising signs. We need to re-sign Dufty asap

Burgey

Yeah, probably as good and tough a win as they’ve had in ages tbh. Would expect Melbourne to win quite comfortably in the dry, but Miukore to centre in those conditions was as good a coaching move as I’ve seen Brad Arthur pull off. Mind you, even in te dry I would expect him to tackle better than Blake. The defensive line basically looked a hundred times better without Blake. He needs a run in the reggies, and tonight just showed why.