• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not particularly worried about Parra's attack given they've been working so hard on defense for a couple of months. Arthur said as much both pre-and-post game. Was happy to see them be more expansive again last night though. Lots of errors but they'll be better for it after playing on wet tracks for the past two weeks.

Burgey

When is Sonny Bill due to play his first game back? Looking forward to watching him again. Christ he was a great player back in the day.

Shady Slim

International Coach
When is Sonny Bill due to play his first game back? Looking forward to watching him again. Christ he was a great player back in the day.
really hoped the rumours the dogs were trying to court him for one last hurrah were true but alas we got blake green's corpse instead

Burgey

I can see what they're hoping Green will do - take the role of Foran for a year before they jag that young fella Burton who played 5/8 for the Panthers earlier this season and who can't get a game now - kid is a gun and off contract at the end of 2021.

Shady Slim

International Coach
if green can stay healthy and we do snag burton (which is what i'm hearing they want to do too) then yeah it's a good play. huge if on both though.

we need to use the knights blueprint for a rebuild - pay a bit overs for mid-tier vets with winning experience from good clubs (and indeed the green acquisition could be the start) to instill the culture of a winning club, then hunt for rookies with heaps of promise who can't get a game or are being undervalued.

acquisitions like the napa one were titans signings

rather than a slight overpay for mid tier vets they massively overpay for over the hill guys or guys who were never all that to begin with and it means you're hamstrung to try and build a winning roster

Burgey

Pretty ordinary that Benji Marshall found out he wasn’t getting an offer from the Tiges by reading it in the paper. Bloke has been an ornament to the joint

Burgey

If someone can explain to me what the actual **** Chad Townsend was thinking this evening, id be grateful

Burgey

How good is a Friday night NRL western Sydney derby with ****loads on the line then straight into the first ODI from England. **** yeah

Shady Slim

International Coach
rare that i want parra to win and thankfully it looks like they will do so - the cowboys have a huge task next week ahead of them for all that is good and just in the world

Burgey

It was fantastic. Penrith beat the same hapless outfit by the same margin a fortnight earlier in the dry and are heralded as nigh unbeatable.

Have had a spare Rio on Parra to win it at 17s.

the big bambino

International Captain
I reckon its so good for the game that when the roosters get the mid season wobbles, cop a few injuries, fall behind a side like Penrith then - budda boom budda bing - Sonny Bill Williams! And stay under the salary cap too. How do they do it? ****in magic I reckon.