• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Shady Slim

International Coach
realistically plodkinsucks is far worse than reynolds, reynolds has the capacity to try to do something

also lol at cordner being anywhere near a rep jersey

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I was pretty close to being on the money. I just messed up the starting second rowers. 15/17 or 17/19 ain't bad. I don't think Bird has done enough to start nor Thaiday (as a starter).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon they'll stick with the two halves from last year provided they play decent in the next couple of weeks. It's a shame Souths' Reynolds has been hurt, I think the id is a gun, and Brooks is a couple of years away IMO, but is probably the long term answer at seven. In fairness, though it pains me to say it, Pearce had a very good back end to 2014 at club level, and I think he's been ok this year from what little I've seen, despite the recent lack of form from the Chooks (Smitteh to comment, he'd have seen more of him).

Personally agree with Slim - think J Reynolds has more in him as a player than Mr BabyWeePotatoHeadkinson.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
He started the season well but has tailed a bit as we have. Though he was fantastic against Melbourne in a loss. Has kicked well all year (which is what has really failed him in Origin) but I don't think he's been knocking down the door or anything. He's far better than ****headkinson but he won a series last year so I think they'll stick with him.

Shady Slim

International Coach
ok johns has said he has mail adam reynolds would be back for round 9

doctor macguire and his magical press conference injury scanning machine were bull**** from the moment he said five months but i didn't expect it to be this much.

Shady Slim

International Coach
origin teams?

1. Dugan/Tedesco
2. Tupou
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Richards (k)
6. Austin
7. Pearce
8. Tolman
9. Farah
10. Woods
11. Jackson
12. Hoffman
13. Scott

14. Merrin
15. Klemmer
16. Fifita
17. Vaughan

dont pick the blues of the past, start jackson and tolman because they are big minute players and will help keep the initial forward rumbling contained, bring on the big bench when their forwards tire

this team is not going to be picked though and they'll persist with boyd plodner and james tamouverrated

Burgey

NSW plainly looking to defend their title by making full use of the brilliant point scoring ability in their side and taking out game one 4-2.

morgieb

Only 69 posts in this thread...man the league threads here have taken a dive lately.

(so have the AFL threads tbh. Seems the only non-cricket "sports" people watch are soccer and wrestling)

Zinzan

Anyone know if 2 of the 3 games are in Sydney this year or one neutral in Melbourne?

Spikey

(score is now 11-10)

QLD should kick another field goal if they get a chance.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
QLD should've won by a street - the difference in quality between the 2 teams is ridiculous

Last edited:

Zinzan

Think there's one in Melbourne this year there. Although I wouldn't consider it neutral.....
Yeah, just saw that confirmed....and yeah I suppose the Storm connection means it's not really neutral. How hard is this going to be for NSW now?

morgieb

Yeah, just saw that confirmed....and yeah I suppose the Storm connection means it's not really neutral. How hard is this going to be for NSW now?
It's basically impossible to come back at this stage. Queensland seem to have lost it at Origin level though, they've been pretty meh for about 3 years now.

howardj

International Coach
"It's not Mitchell Pearce"

"And to prove it, we'll pick him for the 14th time, and show you that he won't have his 12th loss"

"And if we lose again, we'll stick fat and dig our heels in even more"

ripper868

International Coach
As someone who has watched zero of the NRL this year, who would you pick instead of Pearce? I keep reading articles about him and how **** he is, all without offering a solution - who is the soluntion?

howardj

International Coach
Would it not have been prudent to let the incumbents have at least one crack, seeing as though they were the successful pairing last year?

People put too much stock in 'form'.

Rugby League is not like cricket - your form is dependent to an extent on how your team is going

dermo

International Vice-Captain
pearce is quite clearly the best half nsw have, thought he was one of the blues best on wednesday to