• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Broncos issue next year will be halves. Neither Bird nor Nikorima seem to me to be a good pairing with Milford, though I'll admit I haven't seen that much of Nikorima. Hunt had his issues but at his best he was great foil for Milford's running game. I think you have to play him in the backrow despite it leaving you a bit small, you can't move Roberts or Moga imo and having a player with his skills will help take pressure off the halves.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Broncos issue next year will be halves. Neither Bird nor Nikorima seem to me to be a good pairing with Milford, though I'll admit I haven't seen that much of Nikorima. Hunt had his issues but at his best he was great foil for Milford's running game. I think you have to play him in the backrow despite it leaving you a bit small, you can't move Roberts or Moga imo and having a player with his skills will help take pressure off the halves.
Didn't he sign with Newcastle?

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, want to state ftr that I was categorically wrong about Morgan. Had him down as a plodder who only looks good next to JT. Nope.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nikorima is a bit of a myth tbh.

Apparently though Bennett was looking at grabbing Ash Taylor from Titans. Allegedly he's going to be good, barely been a Titans game on 9 all year so haven't seen him.

Hasn’t he been amazing? Player of the finals by a street
Thank god Cronk told him to stop putting on appearances and start flaunting himself more.

I'm just sad this is all going to be for naught. Not only must we stomach a Macklemore performance but scoreline in the realm of the 2008/9 grand finals.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently though Bennett was looking at grabbing Ash Taylor from Titans. Allegedly he's going to be good, barely been a Titans game on 9 all year so haven't seen him.
Yeah he's good. Quick, very skillfull with a good boot (particularly short kicking). Just inconsistent atm like most young halves. Atrocious defensively, though GC don't do a very good job of protecting him (or Elgey for that matter). He'd be good foil for Milford in time imo.

I'm just sad this is all going to be for naught. Not only must we stomach a Macklemore performance but scoreline in the realm of the 2008/9 grand finals.
Nah. Reckon the Storm will win but this Cows team isn't one to lie down. Reckon there'll be 8-12 in it.

Inb4 40-0. 8-)

Gnske

Nah. Reckon the Storm will win but this Cows team isn't one to lie down. Reckon there'll be 8-12 in it.

Inb4 40-0. 8-)
Nyeahh, maybe. The good thing is the Cowboys haven't let opp leads turn into goat****s like the last few opponents for the Storm have.

Everyone would have to be utterly switched on, and I think Morgan would have to somehow find another level of excellence and spice for the glimmer of a hope of a Cows win. Te-maire getting more involved would be nice too.

But honestly, it would be such a script rewrite if Cows won. We would have entered a parallel universe. Cronk and maybe Slater heading off into the sunset in a last hurrah just seems inevitable.

Gnske

Was happy we got to see one last Cronk/Smith/Slater set-play near the end.

Morgan was overhyped, even prior to the final there seemed to be no imagination in attack. Doesn't really work with Te-maire all that much and seemed happy to just chuck it to first or second receiver for juicy 5m gains rather than run it a bit, get some overlap and do some set plays or innovate a bit. But when your team is the walking face of physical disability what can you do.

Needs to learn a bit more from Thurston.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Boring ass final though. When Fensom went down you just knew it wasn't going to be the Cows day.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol amazing.

Other Warriors highlight that game was Vilisanti (iirc) headbutting Fittler early on.