• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quick quiz question

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
India have qualified though if I'm not mistaken they didn't actually participate in the end, but could be getting them mixed up with someone else

Don't think China have.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pretty sure China were there relatively recently. 2002, maybe?

India have never played in the finals, but did qualify for one in (IIRC) the 50s. I think they pulled out over costs and/or their players not being allowed to play barefoot.

Indonesia qualified in 1938 (albeit as "Dutch East Indies"), so maybe Pakistan?

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
Well I meant by POPULATION, not a country's area. So Mongolia and Antarctica are wrong.
It's a trick question.:)

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
Pretty sure China were there relatively recently. 2002, maybe?

India have never played in the finals, but did qualify for one in (IIRC) the 50s. I think they pulled out over costs and/or their players not being allowed to play barefoot.

Indonesia qualified in 1938 (albeit as "Dutch East Indies"), so maybe Pakistan?
Are you sure?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Wikipedia confirms Brumby is correct on all counts.

Other tidbits I unearthed, whitetext so as you can have a guess first -

Most populous UEFA member never to qualify: Azerbaijan

Country with the most attempts without qualification: Luxembourg (19)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Wikipedia confirms Brumby is correct on all counts.

Other tidbits I unearthed, whitetext so as you can have a guess first -

Most populous UEFA member never to qualify: Azerbaijan

Country with the most attempts without qualification: Luxembourg (19)
If we exclude the answer to your first on the Fred reasoning then what's the answer?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think pretty much all decent sized European countries have had a go at some time or another.

My first guess woulda been Albania tho, but defer to Howzers.