• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lopez backs up his Stuttgart final run with a win at Queens.

Beaten some good players too.. Wawrinka, Chardy, Berdych, Dimitrov and Cilic. Will be a dangerous early round draw for someone at Wimbledon.

Niall

International Coach
Lopez always been handy on grass, last 16 is possible if kind draw, any further than that I'd be a little worried about the state of the men's game tbh.:huh:

Very happy to see Kvitova back and in fine form, wide open etc, but definitely fav for me for Wimbledon.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lopez always been handy on grass, last 16 is possible if kind draw, any further than that I'd be a little worried about the state of the men's game tbh.:huh:

Very happy to see Kvitova back and in fine form, wide open etc, but definitely fav for me for Wimbledon.
He's just won Queens for the first time, much bigger than getting to the q-fs at Wimbledon, him and Karlovic will both make semi's I reckon:ph34r:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
how many players not named federer, nadal or djokovic won majors since the 2004 wimbledon? can you answer without googling it?

vcs

how many players not named federer, nadal or djokovic won majors since the 2004 wimbledon? can you answer without googling it?
I can name all male Slam winners since 1990 without Googling, so yes

Safin
Del Potro
Murray
Wawrinka
Cilic

vcs

Smashed Federer in the semis too. :(

I thought Fed had it in the bag after Nishikori had upset Novak in the first semi.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah and then jono made the "prophetic" prediction that this was the beginning of the end for the big 4 and the next gen was ready to take over...they really did, didn't they? :)

vcs

It's debatable whether Cilic would have properly counted as the next generation. He's the same age as Del Potro.

Niall

International Coach
Very random, that Cilic win. Not just that he won but how well he played. Completely destroyed Fed and Nishikori.
Absolutely rotten crowd in that semi final also which made his Fed win even more impressive.

I do think he should have achieved more than he has, but has bottled it way to often.

Niall

International Coach
Wondering who would be worth a small bet in the men's this year..Wimbledon that is
Well in a truly woeful moment for me, the player I have loaded up somewhat Queen Coco may not make it so best to ignore my suggestions:laugh:

https://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/wimbledon/mens/mens-wimbledon-2017/winner

Out of that I probably would look at Zverev, Kyrigos and maybe even Tsonga who is the formhorse here. The two young lads lack experience, but talent is there especially with Nick. Shame he is so fragile though.

vcs

I really think Nadal will win. He was playing very aggressive tennis in the clay court season. Just a matter of translating that to grass, which we know he is capable of doing.

He might draw some tricky players/big hitters in the first 4 rounds, if he negotiates those early threats, he will get better as the tournament progresses.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Well in a truly woeful moment for me, the player I have loaded up somewhat Queen Coco may not make it so best to ignore my suggestions:laugh:

https://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/wimbledon/mens/mens-wimbledon-2017/winner

Out of that I probably would look at Zverev, Kyrigos and maybe even Tsonga who is the formhorse here. The two young lads lack experience, but talent is there especially with Nick. Shame he is so fragile though.
Dimitrov was 25/1 earlier..now 28/1... might go there...blinded a bit by his handsome good looks lol...
Zverev also might be worth a few ££'s .. :)