• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The big 5 kinda are beating the younger players... it's not their fault they're doing it before the final...

harsh.ag

Plus one has to factor in the great training and health regimen sportspeople follow nowadays. You're gonna have more athletes succeeding in their late 30s than before.

grecian

The big 5 kinda are beating the younger players... it's not their fault they're doing it before the final...
In good matches? Did you think Thiem turned up against Nadal?

He was the only one who had a good French Open beating Nole though. Next-gen was useless, hence me talking about the journeymen who kept them down rather than the top 4/5/. As I say I have more hope for the generation after the uselessness and mental fragility of Kei, Grigor and the like.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Man, anything that lets me see more of Federer GOATing Tennis is a good thing. His tennis, at his best, just is the greatest sight in all of sports.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hate that Nadal is so so dominant on clay coz it overshadows how great the GOAT is but that is some seriously seriously impressive stuff. He should be at least a shout as the second greatest male tennis player of the Open era at least.
His dominance on clay is one of the most amazing achievements in any sport, period. The 80-odd match streak, then another 50-something, and now after all the injuries, as dominant as ever.

I know I complain that the length of the clay season gave him more opportunities to rack up the titles compared to Federer on grass, but fair play, he actually did it. Having more tournaments can also be a two-edged sword, since there are also more opportunities to lose, giving challengers more confidence. 10 titles at three different events.. wow.

vcs

He has also become visibly more aggressive with his improved serve and style of play this year. Expect it will pay dividends on the quicker surfaces as well.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Stan, Murray and Fed have all lost early in their opening to the grass court season. They'll probably all still make the last four at Wimbledon.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Watching a great little match with Berdych and Shapovalov. The left handed18 year old is playing some great tennis,has a lovely backhand. Taken Berdych to 5-5 in the third set. Drawn a wild card at Wimbledon too. Going to be a rising star.

vcs

Federer playing Sascha Zverev in the Halle finals. Federer won the first set easily, and now nearly broke Zverev's ankle with a wicked dropshot.

vcs

Stunning volley to bring up matchpoints.

And another nice one to seal it.

Good performance from the old boy against a #NextGen star.