• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Am surely not going to get what I want today... Nadal 6-2 first set, 2-0 second set... very one sided tbs..:sleep:

vogue

As I am neutral in the cricket it was an easier choice for me to watch the tennis...but it's like watching the inevitable happen..so depressing afternoon for me lol...:laugh:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well vcs...your prediction came true...not even a 7-5 set...must be one of the most impressive slam wins ever! has this ever been done?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I hate that Nadal is so so dominant on clay coz it overshadows how great the GOAT is but that is some seriously seriously impressive stuff. He should be at least a shout as the second greatest male tennis player of the Open era at least.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I genuinely have no words.

Nadal... The best thing about you will always be that you didn't aim to please. Just win.

Made of steel, built for clay.

grecian

Surprise surprise, Sharapova pulls out of Wimbledon qualifying. Supposedly injured but I wonder if we'll ever see her on tour again. It must be tough when no one wants you around (except grecian).
Of course she's injured FFS, she pulled out of Rome when winning, ridiculous to suggest she's faking this because some don't like her. Just me is it, well her 15 million or so Facebook followers probably disagree, and hey all that prep for the Wimbledon qualifying looks a bit ridiculous now, but I'm sure the extra security, the TV coverage which was being taken up by many countries will still be worth it for Monica Kilnarova against Teresa Martincova I'm sure. All the WTA Tournaments seem quite keen too, Stanford, Canada (genies home she'll be so pleased), and others already advertising her appearances.

She'll be back, this stuff will die down soon, and she actually showed decent form in all but the match apart from Bouchard, certainly top 20, which considering her long lay-off was fine.

Oh Nadal won La decima, I've never been so excited in my life, gawd mens tennis is moribund.

Last edited:

grecian

well vcs...your prediction came true...not even a 7-5 set...must be one of the most impressive slam wins ever! has this ever been done?
Borg won the French with less games lost, back when it wasn't just OAP's competing.

grecian

What's gotten into grecian :laugh:

Nadal was sublime.
I just find this wanking off over the big 5 incredibly dull.

So Fed is best player ever, Nadal is 2nd, Novak must be third then as he dominated for awhile, maybe we should put Murray and Stan in the top 10, oh and what about Berdych, Ferrer and Tsonga for staying in the top 10 during this golden age for decades, Del Potro used to outplay them occasionally too. Or it could be the next gen has been ****ing useless and not challenged at all.

I would love all this if they were beating younger players, it was great when Nadal first came through to challenge Fed, but now it's bloody Wawrinka at 32, and no he isn't just as young as the girl he's feeling. Loved it when Mac challenged Borg, it's the whole point for me, not the same bloody names again and again ad infinitum.

Hopefully Zverev. Thiem and Kyrgios can challenge at Wimbledon, now if one of the big names played a classic against them that would be fun, win or lose.

Hey, I know, like with my Sharapova views, I'm in the minority here, many seem to love it, just a personal opinion, bored now.

vogue

I just find this wanking off over the big 5 incredibly dull.

So Fed is best player ever, Nadal is 2nd, Novak must be third then as he dominated for awhile, maybe we should put Murray and Stan in the top 10, oh and what about Berdych, Ferrer and Tsonga for staying in the top 10 during this golden age for decades, Del Potro used to outplay them occasionally too. Or it could be the next gen has been ****ing useless and not challenged at all.

I would love all this if they were beating younger players, it was great when Nadal first came through to challenge Fed, but now it's bloody Wawrinka at 32, and no he isn't just as young as the girl he's feeling. Loved it when Mac challenged Borg, it's the whole point for me, not the same bloody names again and again ad infinitum.

Hopefully Zverev. Thiem and Kyrgios can challenge at Wimbledon, now if one of the big names played a classic against them that would be fun, win or lose.

Hey, I know, like with my Sharapova views, I'm in the minority here, many seem to love it, just a personal opinion, bored now.
I am hoping that Kyrgios can get his act together and that Zverev really finds grass is his thing. Need to break it up now and stop it going stale.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I still expect to be proved right about Sharapova. Of course it was an exaggeration to say that grecian is her only fan left. There will always be millions who'd like to see her naked even if she never picked up a racquet again. We'll see.

harsh.ag

I still expect to be proved right about Sharapova. Of course it was an exaggeration to say that grecian is her only fan left. There will always be millions who'd like to see her naked even if she never picked up a racquet again. We'll see.
Not me

Prefer to see her naked with a racquet.

grecian

See, actually if you knew anything about her fanbase you'd know it's a lot of straight females and gays, probably the vast majority to be honest. Yes she does get a number that lust after her too.

We will see, and I admire her for her fighting spirit, so I think she'll be back Her shoulder injury was much worse for her than this, practically every expert said she'd never be back after the type of surgery she had, she could easily have retired and became a Kournikova type then, she didn't. If I was to like a tennis player purely on looks I'd be a big Alize Lim, Tsveti Pironkova, Mandy Minella or Heidi El-Tabakh fan. (happy googling)