• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
rafa is obviously going in as the strong favorite but stan is probably the toughest opponent he could have faced this year so it could become interesting if stan is on his game...

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My prediction of Nadal winning the tournament without once being taken to 7-5 in a set is still on. Thiem is a tough, tough opponent on clay and Nadal schooled him.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
My prediction of Nadal winning the tournament without once being taken to 7-5 in a set is still on. Thiem is a tough, tough opponent on clay and Nadal schooled him.
yeah i don't see him continuing that against stan though but this is rafa on clay so who knows...

vcs

Obviously will cheer for Stan, but fully expecting Nadal to win something like 6-4, 6-4, 6-2.

He's playing as well as I've ever seen him play.

OverratedSanity

TBF, he's as consistent as you can get at Grand Slams. Just seems to not bother with the rest of the tour. :laugh:
I meant inconsistent within one match. Seems to have a few games full of horrendous mistakes, followed by a set where he's simply unstoppable. So much fun.

Nadal looks unbeatable, but if anyone can stop him it's Wawrinka on a good day.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Sharapova pulling out of the Birmingham event supposedly with an injury. Wouldn't be at all surprised if she doesn't turn up for the Wimbledon qualifiers.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Entertaining Ladies final. Ostapenka winning from a set and 3-0 down. Whether you should be winning Grand Slams with this brand of hit and hope tennis with no real defence or game plan is open to debate, but it's entertaining nonetheless. Whether it's the start of something big I rather doubt, but we'll see.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Entertaining Ladies final. Ostapenka winning from a set and 3-0 down. Whether you should be winning Grand Slams with this brand of hit and hope tennis with no real defence or game plan is open to debate, but it's entertaining nonetheless. Whether it's the start of something big I rather doubt, but we'll see.
Watched some while there was a delay in the cricket.. made an entertaining interlude tbf :)

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Surprise surprise, Sharapova pulls out of Wimbledon qualifying. Supposedly injured but I wonder if we'll ever see her on tour again. It must be tough when no one wants you around (except grecian).

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Surprise surprise, Sharapova pulls out of Wimbledon qualifying. Supposedly injured but I wonder if we'll ever see her on tour again. It must be tough when no one wants you around (except grecian).
I don't think she particularly cares about being liked...she will be back and if she starts winning again all will be forgiven...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not like she does not have a modelling and twitter personality career to fall back on. Hey, if Paris Hilton can be a celebrity for doing nothing and looking even worse, why not Sharapova? :p

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think she particularly cares about being liked...she will be back and if she starts winning again all will be forgiven...
Don't agree at all. She's been alienated by the players, the big tournaments have bowed to pressure not to do her any favours, and the fans have started to question the validity of her victories. I don't care how thick skinned she is, that's tough to deal with.