• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Anil said:
oh yeah? when did that happen?:)
Anyone who beats Henman automatically qualifies to become an English citizen. Now no-one can stop them from winning the Davis Cup...

They're also thinking of using it to qualify overseas cricketers as English...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
vic_orthdox said:
Anyone who beats Henman automatically qualifies to become an English citizen. Now no-one can stop them from winning the Davis Cup...

They're also thinking of using it to qualify overseas cricketers as English...
Yea we draw the line at converting Aussies tho, I mean when was the last time an Aussie won anything important in rugby union, cricket, football etc.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
vic_orthdox said:
Anyone who beats Henman automatically qualifies to become an English citizen.
And to think some people spend days in cramped conditions in the back of a dodgy lorry with no food, water or sanitation to enter the country....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Scaly piscine said:
Always good to see the poser lose, hope he pulls a muscle when he's wasting his time pumping up those biceps.
Poser? You really are a tool.

Name me one other player than can get as much top-spin as he can on his forehand (enough to stop Federer on slow courts), and can adjust from surface to surface so well at his age? He's a gun, pure and simple. Nadal can almost chase anything down as well, so his 'biceps' aren't slowing him down.
benchmark00 said:
Yeah, I don't like Nadal. He's like Hewitt, but he's not Australian (Hewitt's only redeeming quality).
Nadal can still play tennis well though, so he's not like Hewitt at all really.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nadal's biceps = not big. He's making a fool of himself IMO. If you're going to wear a muscle hirt, at least make sure you have muscles.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
His long shorts really annoy me.

Anyway, about time there was a good rivarly in tennis again.

Similiar to Sampras and agassi. (sp?)

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Jono said:

Name me one other player than can get as much top-spin as he can on his forehand (enough to stop Federer on slow courts), and can adjust from surface to surface so well at his age? He's a gun, pure and simple. Nadal can almost chase anything down as well, so his 'biceps' aren't slowing him down.

Nadal can still play tennis well though, so he's not like Hewitt at all really.
Thank you! Very well put :D

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jono said:

You really are an idiot. What else do you call it when he's doing his little bicep curl pose - he's showing off his biceps - which is probably why he wasted his time in the gym getting them in the first place when he could have spent that time doing something useful like improving his tennis so he doesn't get brushed aside by Federer at Wimbledon.

Does him being a poser disqualify him from being a good tennis player? No, but I suspect with the idiocy you've displayed here you've somehow managed to miss that obvious conclusion.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
You really are an idiot. What else do you call it when he's doing his little bicep curl pose - he's showing off his biceps - which is probably why he wasted his time in the gym getting them in the first place when he could have spent that time doing something useful like improving his tennis so he doesn't get brushed aside by Federer at Wimbledon.

Does him being a poser disqualify him from being a good tennis player? No, but I suspect with the idiocy you've displayed here you've somehow managed to miss that obvious conclusion.
Isn't it tiring to hate everything?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
benchmark00 said:
Jono - Has a crush on rattus.
Nadal would have to pump his guns a fair bit more to reach this man's status.

Ron Burgundy: 1001, 1002, 1003.
Veronica Corningstone: Uh, Mr. Burgundy? Helen said that you needed to see me.
Ron Burgundy: Oh, Miss Corningstone. I wasn't expecting company. Just doing my workout. Tuesday's arms and back.
Veronica Corningstone: Well, you asked me to come by, sir.
Ron Burgundy: Oh, did I?
Veronica Corningstone: Yes.
Ron Burgundy: Ohh, it's the deep burn. Oh, it's so deep. Oh, I can barely lift my right arm 'cause I did so many. I don't know if you heard me counting. I did over a thousand.

Ron Burgundy: The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show...
[kisses his biceps]
Ron Burgundy: and see if she likes the goods.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Look, we can all quote films at length, it's no special talent. Take a breather, young Jono. We'll handle it from here.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Scaly piscine said:

But he clearly has improved, from going from a player that is pretty ordinary on grass to someone who can steal a set off Federer in the final of the biggest grass tournament in the world. All that whilst doing some bicep curls.

He's not just merely good at tennis, he's the most improved player by a long shot over the past 18 months, and a lot of that has to do with his forehand shot. Now I'm not going to argue that he needs to build his biceps to have an awesome forehand, but its not hurting is it? Unless you're going to argue that if he spent less time strengthening his biceps he'd get closer to beating possibly the greatest tennis player ever.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
burkey_1988 said:
Look, we can all quote films at length, it's no special talent. Take a breather, young Jono. We'll handle it from here.
Serious question, do you ever get tired of talking like that?