• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Nadal going for another title on clay...there aren't many inarguable statements in sports but nadal as the greatest ever on clay is just that...no one else is even close...

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Murray beaten in the Semi's. He's struggling to get back to form. As Djokovic has gone AWOL since last years French victory it could be another Nadal title if he stays fit and continues to get his form back.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah Murray has dropped off alarmingly, there is not many gun clay courters so I did think he' have a chance at the french this year, but at this moment doubt he makes the quarter finals.

Not many better clay courters than Thiem atm, lets see how he does tomorrow v Nadal.Looking forward to it.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
By the time this clay court season is over, Nadal will likely have 10 titles at three major clay court tournaments. That's just absurd.

Djokovic at or close to his best is the only one who can really challenge him on this surface, so i hope he finds his mojo by the time Roland Garros rolls around. It would have been interesting to see how the new super-aggressive and confident Federer would have gone against him in a best-of-3 match on clay, sadly that won't happen.

OverratedSanity

By the time this clay court season is over, Nadal will likely have 10 titles at three major clay court tournaments. That's just absurd.

Djokovic at or close to his best is the only one who can really challenge him on this surface, so i hope he finds his mojo by the time Roland Garros rolls around. It would have been interesting to see how the new super-aggressive and confident Federer would have gone against him in a best-of-3 match on clay, sadly that won't happen.
Wawrinka's always a chance.

vcs

I remember Fed going without a coach for a good while around his peak years and doing pretty well.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah i don't think guys at their level really need a coach as much as someone to talk to who understands what they are going through, give them broad pointers etc...people like edberg and becker have played at an elite level and can relate to fed and nole in ways that a standard coach can't...

indiaholic

International Captain
Agreed that he doesn't need a coach but this move seems a bit drastic. Hope he is in a good mental space. OTOH this might be exactly the kind of shake up he needs..

vcs

Good on them.. the guy is a rude, offensive, bigoted moron and totally unapologetic as well.

vcs

Bouchard beats Sharapova after calling her a cheat on her comeback.. absolutely epic match. :D

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bouchard beats Sharapova after calling her a cheat on her comeback.. absolutely epic match. :D
Not the result I wanted, to say the least, but can't argue Sharapova coming back as added spice to the tour.

She'll be fine I reckon though, just not timing her returns like she normally does ATM.

Last edited: